Question Mouth Open Wide morph: how do you stop it?

PengStarling

Reactions
Hi, i have a few nice scenes from different creators, some of them paid. Sometimes there is… interesting… amounts of mouth opening. Like models opening their mouths so wide that it is terrifying or disgusting rather than sexy. Is there some way to fix this? Have tried looking in timeline on the animation and don’t see a way to fix or reduce. also there doesn’t seem to be any way to cap a value on the individual morphs.

I feel your pain :(
I see it happening often when the Lip Sync plugin is in the person atom and I change the appearance. Sometimes the combination of Lip Sync and VAMMoan will accentuate this.
One can zero the "mouth open wide" morph, but when loading multiple appearances that's a chore and sometimes it reverts to a crazy number immediately after.

If you have lip sync you can untick the ”Drive Jaw Angle From Head Audio” in Jaw physics, perhaps reload the plugin too, and I think this prevents the morph from going nuts again. If you have VAMMoan as well then you need "drive jaw angle..." ticked to make it work. Sometimes I can't get it to stop and just remove lip sync.
I'm not really sure what triggers what and if this is a reasonable approach, I do have more this problem when Lip sync is involved.

Upvote 0
Hi, i have a few nice scenes from different creators, some of them paid. Sometimes there is… interesting… amounts of mouth opening. Like models opening their mouths so wide that it is terrifying or disgusting rather than sexy. Is there some way to fix this? Have tried looking in timeline on the animation and don’t see a way to fix or reduce. also there doesn’t seem to be any way to cap a value on the individual morphs.
In my experience, its the tongue collider getting stuck. Either you can disable the tongue collision under Jaw Physics & Triggers (should be bottom left of that window) or edit the colliders of the tongue and mouth to be smaller.

Upvote 0
This morph is usually auto controlled when 'Auto Jaw Mouth Morphs' is enabled (based on audio clip and jaw settings for audio drive).

from Wiki:
”Auto Jaw Mouth Morphs” work when audio is being played through the “HeadAudioSource”. It will animate the “Mouth Open Wide” morph target based on volume and length of the clip played. While this is active the morph target can not be manually adjusted and shouldn’t be animated, the values will be affected in unexpected ways.

You can't control that morph if audio is playing (and auto jaw mouth is enabled).
Maybe try playing with 'Audio Drive Multiplier' (also *Max Angle) to reduce 'intensity'? 🤷‍♂️

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom