Mountain Temple

Scenes Mountain Temple

Damarmau

Invaluable member
Featured Contributor
Reactions
Damarmau submitted a new resource:

Mountain Temple - Mountain Temple environment scene

Scene with 4 locations that can be quickly accessed by clicking the UI buttons found by looking up just out of view. I plan on updating this with more lighting options and possibly alternate time of day/lut variations but I've been working on this long enough where I don't want to delay this first basic version any longer. There is a lot going on in the scene in terms of assets/lighting so this might not be ideal for animations or VR (I...

Read more about this resource...

@Damarmau the scene doesn't load correctly for me. I get errors about invalid assets for gazebotemple and grante-grey-normal-inverted textures. I don't see those listed in your dependences, so I assume it's something with the .var?

@Damarmau the scene doesn't load correctly for me. I get errors about invalid assets for gazebotemple and grante-grey-normal-inverted textures. I don't see those listed in your dependences, so I assume it's something with the .var?
I’m not sure as neither of those messages seem to make any sense in regards to this var, could they be in your error log from some other resource? I’ve opened it in two different installs without any problems.

post a screenshot of the error log along with what the scene looks like on load. I assume you have all the dependencies? In the var management interface if you browse over to the mountain temple var it will list all the dependencies on the bottom right and any you don’t have should show up in red.

feel free to message me on discord as I tend to check that more often.

I’m not sure as neither of those messages seem to make any sense in regards to this var, could they be in your error log from some other resource? I’ve opened it in two different installs without any problems.

post a screenshot of the error log along with what the scene looks like on load. I assume you have all the dependencies? In the var management interface if you browse over to the mountain temple var it will list all the dependencies on the bottom right and any you don’t have should show up in red.

Will do!

??? Ok, this weird. I just loaded it up and everything is fine. I did reboot my computer, but no idea why that would have fixed that. My apologies for wasting your time.

??? Ok, this weird. I just loaded it up and everything is fine. I did reboot my computer, but no idea why that would have fixed that. My apologies for wasting your time.
No worries, VaM can be weird sometimes like that. Glad you got it working. πŸ‘

Same
1694292951790.png

1694292981833.png

Didn't try to reboot tho :)

The scene would be expecting to find those textures inside the var.
There is error in scene file, all local references still point to client custom folder, not package.

Why? Due to manual package editing. Mountain Temple.json file was replaced afterwards and instead of package is referencing client again.
Therefore package builder didn't adjust self referencing, like it usually does when you create package ("Custom/Atom/..." -> "SELF: Custom/Atom/...").

No, I didn't. Why would I do that? :)

There is error in scene file, all local references still point to client custom folder, not package.

Why? Due to manual package editing. Mountain Temple.json file was replaced afterwards and instead of package is referencing client again.
Therefore package builder didn't adjust self referencing, like it usually does when you create package ("Custom/Atom/..." -> "SELF: Custom/Atom/...").
Hmm... it looks like maybe it is trying to find them in the original folders even though they have been packed in the var. I'll investigate.

Back
Top Bottom