Answered More Sensible Actor Movement?

WetZoner

Reactions
There's been an uptick in the number of massive environment assets lately, and it's still annoying to move actors around the scene with you.
I almost exclusively play in VR, and punching numbers into the movement tab and guessing where they'll end up after each adjustment is not fun. It may be VaM 4.0 before we're able to just grab a person atom's hand and have them follow you around a scene with their own two legs, but is there ANYTHING to make it easier to move actors around a scene for right now?

Yes, but that's what I mean when I say it's annoying. All kinds of unintended accidents happen when moving atoms around such as a person atom. I used to do that locking height thing, but every time without fail, I end up accidentally grabbing and moving something I didn't want to for example. I just hoped there were plugins or solutions to make it feel less of a chore to move characters around.

Upvote 0
This may not be the answer you're looking for, but once you have your character in a place you like, you can save a pose preset and then recall them to that pose with a trigger. Of course, you still have to manually move them around to set those poses first. If I'm moving a person a far distance, I'll grab the root node, and then teleport myself while holding them, then use the "Move" options to set them more precisely.

Upvote 0
I use poses to set the general positions, then I move everything else. Moving the characters is too big of a PITA. Rotating and shifting a CUA room is pretty simple. Not sure this is what you mean, but I'm never punching in actual numbers unless it's 90 degrees or something obvious.

Upvote 0
This may not be the answer you're looking for, but once you have your character in a place you like, you can save a pose preset and then recall them to that pose with a trigger. Of course, you still have to manually move them around to set those poses first. If I'm moving a person a far distance, I'll grab the root node, and then teleport myself while holding them, then use the "Move" options to set them more precisely.

For now, this may be my best option.. More often than not, I'm operating from a premade scene with their furniture/lights/other things already in place, so moving the actual room around would end up addressing my issue in reverse. It looks like I'll have to get accustomed to loading environment assets on a blank scene and putting secondary assets in place after I've committed my actors to their respective positions. Appreciate the help guys (y)

Upvote 0
holy crap...I never considered doing the teleport thing, lol...that's really smart.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom