(Making Midna) Need help connecting custom unity asset to character's head

MaguroTsuna

Reactions
Screenshot 2023-06-23 182752.png
So as far as I know these assets are free so I hope I'm not breaking any rules but I'm trying to recreate this character with the assets I found for free on VaM, but as im very new to this game and its community I wanted to make a post since I haven't figured out how this works. I simply want to take the helmet on the characters head, and attach it in a way that its worn like a hat and will stay on the atom like it would normally, the asset itself was for an iteration of the character that wasn't to my tastes so I tried using (CUAM) to bring those assets to my edited version, but it was too large. After resizing the atom, it was still attached to the characters body but its position was displaced to their hip. so my question now is how can i re-adjust the helm to the characters head, or how can I make the resized asset attach to the atom from scratch. This is just for my personal use, so i dont intent to take the assets and publish my edit without permission from the creators.

Attachments

• 1687557732.jpg
    1687557732.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 1687558888.jpg
    1687558888.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 0
Are you parent linking it to the head (not the head control) and using this?

If it's because the selection node is too far away after you rescaled the cua, maybe you could spawn and place an empty atom/blank cua inside the helmet, parent hold link the helmet to it, then link that to your characters head?

Back
Top Bottom