Needing a bit of Daz to Unity help for a full house

nico442

Reactions
Clearly I am new at using either of these programs but hopefully with the right tutorial or two Ill be able to figure it out. I found a nice house for DAZ that I would like to bring over to VaM. I see that typically you export into a fbx file, which I did, then import it into Unity, which I did. However as you know textures don't seem to make the import.
Im kinda stuck as to how to get these jokers over to Unity. I saw a video that said to Extract From Prefab but that option is greyed out on all the items brought over.

With a larger file like a building with all the stuff inside, is there a better way to export from DAZ? I feel like just selecting all and exporting into a fbx file isn't the right way to go.

If you know of any good tutorials feel free to point me to them.

Thanks!!

Just save it as a fbx and open in unity. You may want to break it up into smaller parts

Well, I did do that. As I said in my OP the issue is textures aren't available. I saw in another post here that is common, but I can't figure out if they are actually there somewhere or if they aren't transferring over correctly. The only tutorial I saw on youtube that was VaM related, the guy downloaded a couple files from a site which had the textures in a separate file. The extract from prefab option isn't available on any of the objects.

Textures dont always port, they are in your runtime folder and can manually be added

Finally got it to work. I found another video which showed creating a folder in the assets section, the putting both the fbx file and the folder with texture jpg files into that folder. Then unity actually puts on the textures correctly. Then I was able to pull out the materials somehow, course now i forget exactly what i did to do that. But with those I can extract from prefab and actually work with them. Hopefully ive gotten to the point where i can just stumble though or google some things and i have a pdf from MacGruber I think which will help get it into vam. We shall see. 😄

Back
Top Bottom