DAZ to Unity to VAM Help

cbkstudios

Reactions
Website
www.patreon.com
Patreon
cbkstudios
Hey All,

So, I'm creating custom animated assets in DAZ and converting them to Unity then to VAM. I've done this a few times and had varied success getting the animation to transfer. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong as I believe I am doing the same thing every time but, some times it works sometimes it does not.

Couple Notes:
I have the correct Unity version.
I have 3 assets that work but like at least a dozen that lost the animation.

Here is my workflow:
DAZ - create asset
DAZ - create keyframes on timeline
DAZ - convert keyframes to an aniblock
DAZ - bake aniblock
DAZ - select ALL items in scene I want
DAZ - export to FBX 2012--Binary format (include selected only / figures / props / merge followers / allow degrading / allow scaling / include rotation limits / include rotation locks / include animation / include subdivision data / include face groups as polygon sets / include face groups as polygon groups / include morphs / embed textures / collect textures / include all custom data.
UNITY - import asset into unity as a new asset
UNITY - open the VAM Base scene I created with the correct preset settings
UNITY - change my animation inside my new asset to loop time and loop pose
UNTIY - drag and drop my new asset
UNITY - fix skins/colors/materials
UNITY - set my asset to 0, 0, 0 translations
UNITY - drag and drop my animation file onto the asset
UNITY - Save the scene as a new scene
UNITY - Use asset bundler to save to my desktop
DESKTOP - add .assetbundle to the end of the saved file
VAM - drop new asset bundle file into VAM folder of custom assets
VAM - load new file as a custom unity asset

Like I said before... I have about a 5% success rate of the animation carrying over. I've done this with non human props that seem to work more often than when I use animated genesis 8 characters.

Someone please help me out as I have messed with this so much and tried different things and honestly have no clue what I am doing wrong at this point. So frustrating.

Thanks in advance

I think I found my error in work flow. I had to make sure I dragged my animation from the import onto the "scene root" node (not the asset) in the unity scene list. 100% success now. Just wanted to update in case someone else finds this with same issue.

Not that I am aware of. VAM uses unity assets. If you know of a way let me know.
To explain this a bit further... I was creating characters and objects in DAZ that are animated. I'm unaware of a way to go directly from DAZ to VAM without going through unity first. Once I pass it through unity I can add it in my scene as a custom unity asset. I've posted a few of the export/imports I've done if you want to check them out. It is a bit of work but, I like working in DAZ.

Back
Top Bottom