Question MacGruber PostMagic effects don’t show on Supershot

Fussy

Reactions
I was wondering if anyone has had this problem or knows a fix? When I set up my effects like bloom and depth of field in MacGruber postmagic. They show up on my screen but not in the preview while using supershot or the actual screen shot it takes.

The preview doesn't show any postmagic effects, but the screenshot you make should have them. How did you load in the plugin? On a character or did you load it in as a 'scene plugin'? (tab under the 3 horizontal bars icon).

Sometimes when I load in some plugins on a character, it bugs out. I do also have a super resolution plugin, which allows you to make screenshots up to 9k. If I load the plugin on a character, it bugs out many times and only get black screenshots. But works perfect under 'scene plugins' tab.

EDIT: I just tested the plugin, and it works perfect. So, the new update from yesterday didn't broke the plugin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The preview doesn't show any postmagic effects, but the screenshot you make should have them. How did you load in the plugin? On a character or did you load it in as a 'scene plugin'? (tab under the 3 horizontal bars icon).

Sometimes when I load in some plugins on a character, it bugs out. I do also have a super resolution plugin, which allows you to make screenshots up to 9k. If I load the plugin on a character, it bugs out many times and only get black screenshots. But works perfect under 'scene plugins' tab.

EDIT: I just tested the plugin, and it works perfect. So, the new update from yesterday didn't broke the plugin.
Yeah I loaded them in the scene plugins I made sure to have the latest MacGruber Essentials too I tried re installing Essentials as well still does the same thing.

Upvote 0
Quick responses:
  1. If you get black or partially black or otherwise incompletely rendered screenshots, it is likely that your graphics card ran out of memory. Essentially "it gave up" in the middle of rendering. The plugin has an estimator for the amount of memory needed, try settings that use less memory. For example downscale the image yourself instead of letting the plugin do it, use lower resolution or lower MSAA setting.
  2. PostMagic + SuperShot should work. However, keep in mind that many of the effects are defined with a pixel radius. So, for example if your blur effect is "4px radius" that is a lot in FullHD image, but not so much in the 8K image SuperShot might use internally. Image is 4x the size, so its more like 1px radius when downscaling to FullHD.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom