[IMPLEMENTED] Possessing the head unlocks too many nodes

ClubJulze

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
clubjulze
I've been editing one of my scenes and then wanted to record a preview for it from the possessing perspective. I am using desktop mode to record.

I've noticed when possessing the head, VaM turns off the control nodes for the chest, shoulders, arms and abdomen. I can't believe I haven't noticed this until now. But I want to know why VaM does this? For my scenes, positioning the "male" is imperative for certain things to work, like a penis entering a mouth or vagina. If the body is moved even slightly it can mess everything up, making for a ton of work to fix it. When setting up one of our scenes I always lock the hip, pelvis, shoulders and abdomen to ensure that things are positioned just right.

Why does possessing the head require these nodes be turned off? Please, if this is not a requirement to posses the head, please turn this behavior off.

I want my viewers to be able to possess and control the head and hands, but not be able to move the torso, pelvis, etc. I can't believe it took me this long to realize this behavior but it's been making so much work for me for so long.

It does this because this is the desired behavior in most cases. The head is then allowed to control most of the torso region and looks and feels more natural. If you have locked pelvis and hip, you shouldn't really have an issue with penis alignment.

I can probably add an option to disable this behavior for head and left and right hands.

Head possess currently deactivates neck, lShoulder, rShoulder, chest, abdomen2, abdomen, lArm, and rArm.
Left hand possess currently deactivates lArm, lElbow, and lShoulder.
Right hand possess currently deactivates rArm, rElbow, and rShoulder.

Moving over to VaM Suggestions.

I have found a solution for my current scene to handle. I think in a few of my previous scenes I was using the solution without realizing it was helping so much, which was putting a seat under the "male" The collision keeps the male from moving too much. Unfortunately, this occasionally causes a crash due to the physics. But its not overly common.

1.20.0.7 adds an option to Head, Left Hand, and Right Hand to disable this. Select one of these controls and you should see the option at the top of the Control tab.

Back
Top Bottom