Disable drag of unselected nodes in Desktop mode?

MacGruber

Invaluable member
Developer
Featured Contributor
Reactions
Is there a way to disable drag of unselected nodes in Desktop mode? Actually I don't know what to do with this, it just causes me to accidentally move stuff all the time. This is the feature I'm talking about:

As far as I can tell, all that would be needed is a little flag that is checked in SuperController.ProcessMouseTargetControl before enabling that mode. That could be exposed in User Preferences or just a public bool on the SuperController that can be set by plugin.

For context: I'm currently working on a tool for easier placement of stuff when using VaM Desktop mode. I was annoyed by often accidentally rotating instead of moving and vice versa.
With this prototype plugin you can only see/use the move handles when holding CTRL and the rotation handles when holding ALT. You can also use the global coordinate system instead of the local one, just by holding SHIFT. I want that plugin to also disable the mentioned drag mode to prevent accidental movement altogether. My current work around is to mess with the "Allow Possess/Grab" setting of the node. However, that means you can't actually use that anymore.

Back
Top Bottom