I'm really struggling to understand the dependencies in a scene.

neoajdude

Reactions
I just posted a new scene. It's nothing super great, mostly just practice with timeline. But...I don't understand some of the dependencies.

Here's the scene

I went through it and tried to eliminate as many as I could - mostly making sure things like the hair are referencing the actual hair and not the hair from another scene etc.

I zeroed out a bunch of morphs which got rid of a few dependencies.

But now there are a bunch of others that I just have no idea what they actually are in the scene.

Some examples:
I have no idea what " KdollMASTA.KDoll_Mk2.latest " is. When I build the package it's not even listed in references. So I don't even know where to start to try and get rid of it.

There's a few others in there, but it looks like they are morphs being referenced from a scene or something...So because the morph is there...I need to bring the entire scene. I can probably go through and fix those. Just hassle to find them all.

But if I could get rid of "KdollMASTA.KDoll_Mk2.latest " I'd be very happy.

If you open the meta.json of your VAR you'll see that the kdollmasta comes from the Bob Nothing VAR. When looking at the scene json the Bob Nothing reference comes from this morph - AG2_M_OpenXXL - which is one of those cancer-like AUTO morphs that forces itself into everything.
Simplest thing you can do is go to the scene JSON and remove the Bob Nothing and Joyboy's references to that morph, they're not used anywhere else. Then take those out from the meta.json too.

If you open the meta.json of your VAR you'll see that the kdollmasta comes from the Bob Nothing VAR. When looking at the scene json the Bob Nothing reference comes from this morph - AG2_M_OpenXXL - which is one of those cancer-like AUTO morphs that forces itself into everything.
Simplest thing you can do is go to the scene JSON and remove the Bob Nothing and Joyboy's references to that morph, they're not used anywhere else. Then take those out from the meta.json too.

Yes! Thank you! Deleting those two from the JSON worked. Nothing in the scene changed and now it's all available on the hub. Thank you!

Yeah, some morphs are terrible because they force themselves into everything, like that openxxl one. Unfortunately to be free of it you would have to remove it from all VARs you have and all future VARs, as people will perpetuate its existence without realising.
A easy thing to do is to check your meta.json for deeply nested dependencies. Many are fine, but others can be a tip that something's off, like it was on this one. For morphs specifically, you can also look at the scene JSON and see if the people's morphs looks ok.

Back
Top Bottom