If someone bought, RTX 4090, Ryzen 9 7950x, Meta Quest Pro - Please share your experience with VAM with proof.

EMPIR

Banned User
Reactions
Someone must've bought it... Someone... Someday.

To till that day... This port will wait...

I sure wish someone had replied to you before now. I'd like to bring home a Meta Quest Pro if I was sure that it could actually work well with VaM. Since VaM is the only reason I spend time wearing a VR headset, it definitely matters to me. If you have learned anything else since last October, please reply. I am about to go just buy a gosh darn Quest Pro to test it with VaM if I don't hear anything from anyone else on the topic.

I sure wish someone had replied to you before now. I'd like to bring home a Meta Quest Pro if I was sure that it could actually work well with VaM. Since VaM is the only reason I spend time wearing a VR headset, it definitely matters to me. If you have learned anything else since last October, please reply. I am about to go just buy a gosh darn Quest Pro to test it with VaM if I don't hear anything from anyone else on the topic.

as you can see no one replied. So nothing... VAM forum is dead

:(

How such an incredible source of joy could not get more attention I simply do not understand.

Why don't you browse the benchmark thread? There are plenty of people with a 4090 already. Usually CPU is the bottleneck, GPU doesn't do much. E.g. I found these two results within just 2 minutes browsing. Make sure to also look at the individual sub-results so you can see what to expect what kind of scene. It's not an exact science, but better than guessing.

RTX4090 and i9-13900K on HP Reverb G2 (which has higher resolution than Quest Pro) plus 150% resolution scale is enabled

Someone else with RTX4090 and 7950X3D, although no VR headset.

I bought a Quest Pro this past weekend. Pairing it with a Ryzen 9 5900X 64GB RAM, and an RTX 4080.

I just posted my experience here:

In a nutshell, it definitely works, is a really nice upgrade. I'm running 100% wireless with a dedicated WIFI-6 access point to power it. Its a great setup, but maybe not worth the price just yet..

Back
Top Bottom