How do you add custom Skybox assets?

el_gallo

Reactions
I downloaded this but there are no instructions on how to use it:

What do I do? I don't see them available in the Scene Lighting tab. All I see are the stock skyboxes which look nothing close to the quality in the screenshots.

These are likely just prefabs to be loaded by the CustomUnityAsset atom. Basically big spheres (or boxes) with a diameter of a couple 100 meters with the sky texture on the inside.

If you want to go through the additional effort, you can then use SkyMagic (part of Essentials plugin collection) to make a cubemap screenshot of your scene (e.g. just your room+skybox+lightsources, but without characters and any small assets that are near the characters) and re-import that into VaM to be used as Global Illumination source for the Scene Lighting tab. There is also a PDF tutorial how to use SkyMagic.

Click on the +, click on misc, click on customUnityAsset, click on Add.

then click on the mouse symbol to see all the assets in the scene. You will see your customunityasset. Click on it and open. Now you have the opportunity to give this atom your skybox or a different asset. Click on select existing and search for the downloaded skyboxes.

Back
Top Bottom