Skyboxes

Spacedog

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
Spacedogvam
Spacedog submitted a new resource:

Skyboxes - Gorgeous panoramic views suitable for windows, rooftops, penthouses, balconies, tree houses and more

View attachment 142309

Gorgeous panoramic views suitable for windows, rooftops, penthouses, balconies, tree houses, decking, pools and more.

Major Cities include:

New York
Los Angeles
San Francisco
London
Hong Kong
Kuala Lumpur
Miami
Las Vegas
Monaco
Toronto

Exotic locations

Thailand
Malaysia
Maldives
Seychelles
Bahamas

Nature Scenes

Costa Rica
Ecuador
Maine
Virginia
California
Arizona
Scotland

And much more!

This skybox collection is focused mainly on realistic...

Read more about this resource...

Please provide a large milkyway or galaxy skybox. I want to blend it with my solar system scene
That's a bit beyond my skill set I'm afraid, my Google Maps-fu is strong but that's about it 😅

If you can find the right skybox yourself then I can put it in an assetbundle for you though.

Hi! Is it possible to use this with skymagic?
No, I did make it compatible at one point but there were problems with how Unity can't handle skybox rotation and a few other asset compatibility issues that made it more trouble than it was worth.

Skyboxes and ground planes - a match made in heaven.

skybox and ground plane 1.pngskybox and ground plane 2.png

Noob here. How do I use these? Google gives me nothing but 4 year old posts that might be outdated. I don't see them in the Scene Lighting tab; all I see are the stock skyboxes.

Noob here. How do I use these? Google gives me nothing but 4 year old posts that might be outdated. I don't see them in the Scene Lighting tab; all I see are the stock skyboxes.
Hey! You need to add a Custom Unity Asset atom to your scene then you can add it in that.

Okay. After watching this, I've got a Custom Unity Asset in my scene. Now what? It isn't clear to me what to do. I don't see any options to edit materials.

Are there full instructions for adding skyboxes somewhere for people new to VaM? This is very confusing and even on the help forum, I'm not getting step-by-step instructions. It seems like people just assume I know what to do by saying I need a Custom Unity Asset.

CustomUnityAsset.jpg

Last edited:
Okay. After watching this, I've got a Custom Unity Asset in my scene. Now what? It isn't clear to me what to do. I don't see any options to edit materials.

Are there full instructions for adding skyboxes somewhere for people new to VaM? This is very confusing and even on the help forum, I'm not getting step-by-step instructions. It seems like people just assume I know what to do by saying I need a Custom Unity Asset.

View attachment 225605
Click "Select File..." Open the Skyboxes folder and select the asset, then you can select them from the "Asset" dropdown box.

Back
Top Bottom