How do you release content?

thicbear

Reactions
Hello,

I've been spending many months figuring out how VAM works and was wondering how do you release stuff?
Where are the best places to upload the content?

Appreciate any insights as I am very new.

Thank you.

Some random notes:
  • I recommend to release your content as VAR package (there is a video tutorials somewhere if you need it) and upload it here on the hub in the Resources section. You can then post links to it on the official Discord and maybe Reddit.
  • Make sure you have one or two screenshots or even a video, if it is something visual. People might ignore it otherwise.
  • If you want to post paid content on Patreon, don't hide screenshots and description behind a Patreon paywall. Make two posts, one public with the description and a second one with the actual download. The post here on the hub would contain the same description and then link to the download post on Patreon.
  • If you want to post paid content, consider using an EarlyAccess model instead.
  • Credit any content by other creators you might have used. Respect licences of any third-party content you use.
  • You can't just upload stuff from the Daz or Unity store, even if it is free! You will need explicit permission by the original author. Many people here seem to ignore that, some even try to sell assets created by others :(
  • Only using content from VAR packages will help with tracking dependencies. The package creation process will show you a list of VAR dependencies and their licenses. VaM 1.20 which will hopefully release in a few days will be able to automatically download VAR package dependencies uploaded here on the hub. Extremely cool!
  • Test you content in a clean copy of your VaM folder that has no content installed except the defaults and you new package. You catch a LOT of potential dependency issues with this quick check.

Back
Top Bottom