Question How do I get movement and interaction rather than gif-like displays?

Pete2002

Reactions
Hi, I'm new to VAM and struggling to figure things out.

I've downloaded a lot of scenes now (free and paid) and when I play it it behaves like a gif, i.e. repeated, short, action i.e a guy stands there and blinks his eyes, or a couple thrusting away.

Is that how it is, or I am missing something / how do I start the action. I thought that the scenes here are interactive i.e. that I can move characters around or get them to do stuff?

Help appreciated, thanks.

It depends, some scenes only contain simple animation loops - what you're referring to as gifs - and some have more complex animation loops, as well as many complex animations.

"Virtual Sweetheart" by TGC is a good example of a more complex scene with many different animations.

Alternatively, you CAN make the people in your scene do whatever you want to, but you'll have to animate them yourself

Upvote 0
I would say there are three general categories of scenes:
  1. Trivial scenes that are just a short looping hand-crafted animations. Or potentially several such short animations of different length playing independently, so you get somewhat simple randomness. It's what you called "GIFs", I guess.
  2. Longer motion captured scenes, like a couple of minutes. An actual person did this in real life while wearing VR trackers, usually at least tracking head, hands, hip and feet. (Note that some call their scenes "motion captured", although they just capture one control at the time, combining several takes. Fullbody tracking will always look better, when done right.)
  3. Scripted scenes where some logic is controlling animations. A character could have some (limited) reactions to what the player does, from looking at the player, to reacting to touch or the player pushing buttons (e.g. dialog options) to full on speech recognition. Even without "reactions", scripted scenes can also combine bits of animations with random factors, so characters appear a LOT more "alive". There can also be integration of real-life sex toys or other things...
Of course, the differences between those categories can blur a lot, as creators combine different techniques.

Some random examples of my own heavily scripted scenes. There may be better examples around, but my own scenes I can easily find links for. Other people may be able to supply more/better examples (@Nameless Vagabond did already do so above):

In the end VaM is about making YOUR own dream scene featuring your dream girl (or boy). Or if you lack the time to learn the skills, at least modifying someone elses scene to your liking (e.g. changing looks, etc). Well, and when you got the time, you may learn a tiny bit about game dev in the process ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would say there are three general categories of scenes:
  1. Trivial scenes that are just a short looping hand-crafted animations. Or potentially several such short animations of different length playing independently, so you get somewhat simple randomness. It's what you called "GIFs", I guess.
  2. Longer motion captured scenes, like a couple of minutes. An actual person did this in real life while wearing VR trackers, usually at least tracking head, hands, hip and feet. (Note that some call their scenes "motion captured", although they just capture one control at the time, combining several takes. Fullbody tracking will always look better, when done right.)
  3. Scripted scenes where some logic is controlling animations. A character could have some (limited) reactions to what the player does, from looking at the player, to reacting to touch or the player pushing buttons (e.g. dialog options) to full on speech recognition. Even without "reactions", scripted scenes can also combine bits of animations with random factors, so characters appear a LOT more "alive". There can also be integration of real-life sex toys or other things...
Of course, the differences between those categories can blur a lot, as creators combine different techniques.

Some random examples of my own heavily scripted scenes. There may be better examples around, but my own scenes I can easily find links for. Other people may be able to supply more/better examples (@Nameless Vagabond did already do so above):

In the end VaM is about making YOUR own dream scene featuring your dream girl (or boy). Or if you lack the time to learn the skills, at least modifying someone elses scene to your liking (e.g. changing looks, etc). Well, and when you got the time, you may learn a tiny bit about game dev in the process ;)
Wow thank you so much for your detailed explanation!! Much appreciated.

Upvote 0
T
It depends, some scenes only contain simple animation loops - what you're referring to as gifs - and some have more complex animation loops, as well as many complex animations.

"Virtual Sweetheart" by TGC is a good example of a more complex scene with many different animations.

Alternatively, you CAN make the people in your scene do whatever you want to, but you'll have to animate them yourself
Thanks, I appreciate!

Upvote 0
The old saying, You get what you pay for, there are lots of great animators out there that create some fine work. Just not sure if we're allowed to plug them. You just gotta search and look for their short demos. As noted above Virtual sweetheart is really good example. You just gotta play around with ideas. The best scenes are the ones you create with your own imagination i think. Also, you can add your own twists to the scenes you download, like add plugins to make it more realistic.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom