Question How can I make a grab trigger to adjust a body morph?

TdotONY

Reactions
Website
www.patreon.com
Patreon
TdotONY
Basically what I want to do is...

Picture going up to the girl and grabbing at her thigh. As you move your hand away from her body, the size of her thigh increases. As you move it back in, it decreases.

I've been messing around with the ingame triggers for a while here but I can't figure out any way of doing this.

Other than it being something you'd have to toggle on and off since it would interfere with interacting with her body normally....I can't figure out any way to do this.

Any suggestions?

You should check out the plugins from MacGruber, SPQR, and others, that can handle logic and calculations. From your description there needs to be a calculation for the distance between 2 atom joints, the female thigh and the other person's hand, and this result would then change a morph geometry for the thighs.

The simplest part if you're starting from zero is to create a slider button that controls the thighs geometry, you adjust the slider by hand to see it changing. After knowing this part you can remove this and try the more complicated setup above.

Upvote 0
You should check out the plugins from MacGruber, SPQR, and others, that can handle logic and calculations. From your description there needs to be a calculation for the distance between 2 atom joints, the female thigh and the other person's hand, and this result would then change a morph geometry for the thighs.

The simplest part if you're starting from zero is to create a slider button that controls the thighs geometry, you adjust the slider by hand to see it changing. After knowing this part you can remove this and try the more complicated setup above.

Yes I already know how to do it with the sliders. I've worked on this kind of stuff for a while in the past, but without knowing how to code, I can't make my own plugins.

I'm very out of the loop with VaM. Which plugins should I be looking at? MacGruber Logic Bricks? I'm not seeing anything in SPQR's resources that would help me accomplish this...

The only thing I could come up with myself without any plugins was to move something through a series of collision triggers tied to a specific value on the morph slider, but this is not practical in the slightest because it only works in one direction.

Ideally I would want it to be like.... target the body, press both grab buttons and move hands away / towards each other to change the morph. The problem with that is, even with plugins, I've never seen a way to change the target of a trigger dynamically/programmatically. In order to do that, I'd need to be able to change which morph the (invisible) triggers in my hands are affecting.

For example, a long time ago I spent some time messing around making a hand-held board with a bunch of body morph sliders on it that I could attach and detach from my hand. This was great if I only had one model in my scene. As soon as I add another one though, the board is completely useless for that second person because I can't change any of those sliders to target the other person. I would have to have a completely duplicated board except with all its targets set to Person2 unless I wanted to go through and set every single slider over to Person2 manually because there was no other way to do it. Then of course if I wanted to use my board in any scene I didn't create myself, if anyone renamed their models to something else, the board would also not work. So if you know of any plugins that enable this kind of functionality I'd love to hear about it as well!

Upvote 0
In a quick browse of plugins these might be useful:

Conditional actions has this function - Compare Distance - that may work for your intended purpose or part of it.

Upvote 0
[QUOTE="atani, post: 69098, member: ]

Conditional actions has this function - Compare Distance - that may work for your intended purpose or part of it.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the links I will check them out later.

As for Conditional Actions I thought this as well based on its description but that is not how the plugin works unfortunately.

All it does is check if an atom is X distance away from (or less than | greater than the specified distance) another atom and send a does a single evaluation based on that.

It's not a continuously evaluated distance with multiple assignable triggers which is what I would need.

It can't even send multiple triggers, for example if distance> 0.1 set morph to X, if distance > 0.2 set morph to X. Yes you can configure multiple triggers but you cannot associate them with different conditions.

It only does it a single time with a single trigger. It looked like I'd have to add the plugin to the atom multiple times in order to do multiple checks like described above which is.... No. Not doing that.

Upvote 0
i didn't read all that you wrote lol but here you go, probably something like this

Upvote 0
i didn't read all that you wrote lol but here you go, probably something like this
Not entirely what I'm looking for but thank you those tools may help me scratch my brain to figure out how to make what I want.

Just having a visible slider constrained to one spot isn't what I want. I want to grab the 'invisible' space around a body part and drag away from it to change the size. But I'd need to be able to do it from any conceivable position around the model.

I thought about potentially having an invisible Tube shape that gets adjusted in scale as you drag, which would hit collision triggers as it changes in size....maybe your tools can help me do that.

Thanks

Upvote 0
to go super-custom with it just with existing plugins you'll have to use what atani said and improvise a lot, that's the vam way.

i don't think that tube thing is gonna work. what you more likely want to do is use concentric collision triggers and start with something at their center, that way you can drag it out 360 degrees and do triggers on exit. you'll need logicbricks to reset it, hide it,show it, and more complex logic. You'll probably need keybindings too, maybe timeline to set custom locations for the colliders-group relative to the person.

but i recommend custom code to get what you imagine faster, doing it like this will drive you mad probably lol

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom