Question How to I customize a collision trigger so that only VR hands can trigger it?

Reactions
In the collision trigger/atom filter menu, I don't see a filter option for VR hands (VR hands are not atoms?). I wonder if I could customize the collision trigger so that only VR hands (not any other objects) can trigger it.

Hi Harold,
I unfortunately don't know a way, but what's about a workaround?
You could maybe attach the invisible collision trigger to move with your VR hands...
this would be the other way around.
You could even make it more clever with maybe adding a second collision trigger, that switches the trigger at your VR hands tempoarily "on" when the hand is in reach of your target area.
Maybe you could even go so far to define different target areas that will switch "on" differnt triggers at your hand, aso...

Upvote 0
In the collision trigger/atom filter menu, I don't see a filter option for VR hands (VR hands are not atoms?). I wonder if I could customize the collision trigger so that only VR hands (not any other objects) can trigger it.

If you never figured this out, you could maybe try the following but I have never tried it myself so not sure if the VR Hands are part of the "Camera Rig" item in VaM or not.

But in the "VR 1" settings tab, make sure Head Collision is off
Then in the menu bar, turn VR hands collision on

then with your collision trigger, filter it to the Camera Rig

then only your hands should trigger the collision, but not your head.

provided he VR Hands count as part of the Camera Rig which I'm not sure.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom