Answered How to trigger a speech bubble while touching a body part?

Babell99

Reactions
Hi guys, i read around and cannot figure out how to create a trigger while touching a body part.

Example:

I would like to pop the speech bubble "Don't touch my face" as soon as I touch a specific person face in scene.

I can use trigger with uibutton, slidder, collision trigger... but cant figure out how its done when touching a body part.

I would appreciate any hint or a link to something I should read.

Thanks guys.

Hi @Babell99

I'm totally new at triggers and today I was looking for something similar to what you asked. After searching for answers and trying some ways, I found a way to make it work. Hope this helps until someone more experienced/knowledgeable points to a better way.

I added a collision trigger on a Person's head, where CollisionTrigger settings are:
  • Atom filter: Person
  • Invert filter
  • Set an Action for a speech bubble
And you might want to set Control options to make the collision trigger follow the head when moving.

Upvote 0
Hi @Babell99

I'm totally new at triggers and today I was looking for something similar to what you asked. After searching for answers and trying some ways, I found a way to make it work. Hope this helps until someone more experienced/knowledgeable points to a better way.

I added a collision trigger on a Person's head, where CollisionTrigger settings are:
  • Atom filter: Person
  • Invert filter
  • Set an Action for a speech bubble
And you might want to set Control options to make the collision trigger follow the head when moving.

You had a part of the solution. So here is how I was finally able to do it. In the following example I was trying to do:

"I would like to pop the speech bubble "Don't touch my face" as soon as I touch a specific person face in scene. "

As a reference, here is what I did to finally resolve this:

1. Create a collision trigger.
2. Resize/position it over the person head.
3. In the trigger controls, link the trigger parent and links to the person as show below.

trigger.JPG

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom