Answered How to add speech/text bubbles?

You need to use a Trigger, better just using a UIButton as its easier to mess with at the start.
1591217168040.png

Then in the Button Trigger tab, Add Click Action
1591217316308.png

Then it is just a case of selecting the Atom, then the Receiver, then the Target and then filling in what you want the bubble to say.
1591217465946.png

There is a BubbleLifetime you can select first, this dictates the lifetime of the SpeechBubble or ThoughtBubble.
Use it if the bubble disappears too fast to read or you want it up there for a while longer.
You have to create the Lifetime trigger action first, then have to create the speech bubble trigger action below it.
1591217729065.png

You can add them to most triggers, like the animation timeline etc to make them appear when you want.
1591218386903.png

And as you can see in my screens, there is no spellcheck for the speech bubble. XD

Upvote 0
No problem, I spent ages trying to find them the other week when I started using them and thought I would save you the hassle.
It will be handy for me later too when I forget how I did it. ;)

Upvote 0
LOL, yea i ran trough it a lot last night, then bookmark the page. Now to figure out animations and timelines...

Upvote 0
I made a lot of progress with just the Info liquid gave.. now im doing all kinds of things.. dont ask me how, but ive figured out some timeline things..

Upvote 0
TiSeb, the info I got from liquid was what I needed. I literally had no clue on where to start and now I can do the whole timeline/speech bubble level. Watching your vidio now to get more clues on animating.

Upvote 0
Having trouble making the speech bubble stay for longer. I go into lifetime and make it longer, press ok then go into text in the same trigger line which resets the time again. Do I need to add another trigger line and if so, how would I do this?

Upvote 0
Having trouble making the speech bubble stay for longer. I go into lifetime and make it longer, press ok then go into text in the same trigger line which resets the time again. Do I need to add another trigger line and if so, how would I do this?
Did you create the BubbleLifetime trigger action first as it is probably important to create it before the speech bubble trigger itself?

Upvote 0
how do you stack speech bubbles between two models in a scene so they play one after the other in order?

Upvote 0
is there a way to show the speech and though bubbles while possessed? If I possess a person, I cannot see their speech or thought bubbles

Upvote 0
is there a way to show the speech and though bubbles while possessed? If I possess a person, I cannot see their speech or thought bubbles

There's no way to control the positions the bubbles appear at, so i would guess no.

Upvote 0
How can I add that as a feature request, maybe just a simple speech bubble offset option
1.x is no longer under development, so new feature requests are not being accepted.

Your best bet would be to use a "simple sign" or "UI text" atom. If you absolutely need speech/thought bubbles, use an image panel with a picture of the bubble you need.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom