Question Editing Text Bubbles

Reactions
i'm attempting to edit some of the speech bubbles in an awesome sapuzex scene. is there a way to do this? i believe i checked everywhere and i cannot find where to edit them. this scene runs as "scene animation" so i'm thinking that they might not be able to be edited? thx.

I'm not on my VAM PC to try this on one of his scenes, but here's something you can try:
  1. Memorize a line used on the scene or part of it
  2. Open the scene's json inside the VAR
  3. Search for the memorised line in the json
This should tell you more or less where it is. You can also edit the json directly, but maybe harder this way unless you know all the lines and they're close to each other.

Upvote 0
this scene runs as "scene animation" so i'm thinking that they might not be able to be edited? thx.
You'll always be able to edit VAM triggered stuff.

Look for triggers. If it's working with Scene animation, go to the "Scene Animation" tab and then the "Trigger" tab.
You'll probably find a "SpeechBubble" trigger in there.

If there are buttons, AnimationPatterns or Timeline animations, it could be inside the triggers of those.
Make sure you've ticked on "Show Hidden Atoms" to check everywhere.

Upvote 0
thx. i'll try these out. i have another question, how do you stack speech bubbles between two models in a scene so they play one after the other in order? thx.

Upvote 0
If they're different persons I believe they don't afffect one another, but the same person having more than one at the same time, if possible, you might need to play with the bubble lifetime.

Upvote 0
I think the question is more: how to play multiple speech bubbles, at different times.

You have to use triggers within any animation method you prefer, such as Scene Animation, AnimationPatterns or Timeline animations.
So you've got to learn how to animate a bit :)

Upvote 0
If they're different persons I believe they don't afffect one another, but the same person having more than one at the same time, if possible, you might need to play with the bubble lifetime.
yes, if i try to add multiple lines of text for two models, just the last line of text for each is played and they are played at the same time. time to figure out how to play with animation a bit.

Upvote 0
yes, if i try to add multiple lines of text for two models, just the last line of text for each is played and they are played at the same time. time to figure out how to play with animation a bit.
Check out this scene.

There's an animation pattern atom with 2 steps. Note that the 2nd step has a transition time of just over 15 seconds, so the whole animation lasts that long.

Select the animation pattern atom and go to the triggers tab. there are 4 triggers to show 4 speech bubbles. The trigger start timestep controls when each will appear.

The first trigger has 2 actions; the first sets the bubble lifetime to 3 seconds. The second contains the bubble text. The other 3 triggers only contain an action to change the text.

The result is 4 speech bubbles, each appearing for 3 seconds with a second between them.
1655237145816.png

Attachments

• bubble text.jpg
    bubble text.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 0
  • bubble text.json
    109 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Check out this scene.

There's an animation pattern atom with 2 steps. Note that the 2nd step has a transition time of just over 15 seconds, so the whole animation lasts that long.

Select the animation pattern atom and go to the triggers tab. there are 4 triggers to show 4 speech bubbles. The trigger start timestep controls when each will appear.

The first trigger has 2 actions; the first sets the bubble lifetime to 3 seconds. The second contains the bubble text. The other 3 triggers only contain an action to change the text.

The result is 4 speech bubbles, each appearing for 3 seconds with a second between them.View attachment 130657
this is awesome! thx!! i'm looking at sapuzex's first kitchen scene where the man is recording the woman on his phone sitting at the counter. The woman has three speech bubbles and the man has two in this scene and they are all stacked one after another near the top of the animation triggers window. Where I get confused is that below the speech bubble animation triggers, there are four transition triggers which I'm assuming times everything perfectly. So you basically have to figure out how long you want each speech bubble to stay active and then add transition triggers for the exact second after each speech bubble ends to space everything out properly? It's not as simple as stacking everything in order and they simply play one after the other? I could way off base here. :D

Upvote 0
this is awesome! thx!! i'm looking at sapuzex's first kitchen scene where the man is recording the woman on his phone sitting at the counter. The woman has three speech bubbles and the man has two in this scene and they are all stacked one after another near the top of the animation triggers window. Where I get confused is that below the speech bubble animation triggers, there are four transition triggers which I'm assuming times everything perfectly. So you basically have to figure out how long you want each speech bubble to stay active and then add transition triggers for the exact second after each speech bubble ends to space everything out properly? It's not as simple as stacking everything in order and they simply play one after the other? I could way off base here. :D
Yes, you set the "Speech bubble lifetime" to whatever you want, then it's up to you to figure out and schedule when each bubble should appear. At least, as far as I know. I did see that the speech bubble lifetime screen has a a timer function, but I have no idea what that does or how to use it. Maybe it allows what you're looking for? You'd have to ask someone else, or just play with it and see.

Upvote 0
Yes, you set the "Speech bubble lifetime" to whatever you want, then it's up to you to figure out and schedule when each bubble should appear. At least, as far as I know. I did see that the speech bubble lifetime screen has a a timer function, but I have no idea what that does or how to use it. Maybe it allows what you're looking for? You'd have to ask someone else, or just play with it and see.
regarding the lifetime timer, if you add a bubble lifetime trigger before your actual speech bubble trigger, it helps keep the speech bubble on screen longer. you can adjust the time length in the bubble lifetime trigger settings.

Upvote 0
i figured out how to add speech bubbles via animation triggers. what i can't figure out is the timing between two different characters. i'd like one speech bubble to play from one character, then the second speech bubble to play from the other character afterwards. i can only figure out how to get them to play at the same time. any tips? thx.

Upvote 0
i figured out how to add speech bubbles via animation triggers. what i can't figure out is the timing between two different characters. i'd like one speech bubble to play from one character, then the second speech bubble to play from the other character afterwards. i can only figure out how to get them to play at the same time. any tips? thx.
use the text box for each trigger to name what it is to help you keep track of what trigger does what. "Person 1 line 1" or something. Then it's just a matter of figuring out at what time each text bubble is to appear, and making the corresponding trigger. It might help to work it out on paper before you start entering trigger data. Write your script, then figure the exact time each line should be said. that time is set in the "trigger start time step" field.

trigger 1: at 0 seconds, person 1bubble, text =" hi there"
trigger 2: at 3 seconds, person 2 bubble, text ="hi yourself"
trigger 3: at 6 seconds, person 1 bubble, text = "nice weather, huh?"
trigger 4: at 9 seconds, person 2 bubble, text = "if you like rain"

Upvote 0
use the text box for each trigger to name what it is to help you keep track of what trigger does what. "Person 1 line 1" or something. Then it's just a matter of figuring out at what time each text bubble is to appear, and making the corresponding trigger. It might help to work it out on paper before you start entering trigger data. Write your script, then figure the exact time each line should be said. that time is set in the "trigger start time step" field.

trigger 1: at 0 seconds, person 1bubble, text =" hi there"
trigger 2: at 3 seconds, person 2 bubble, text ="hi yourself"
trigger 3: at 6 seconds, person 1 bubble, text = "nice weather, huh?"
trigger 4: at 9 seconds, person 2 bubble, text = "if you like rain"
ah. ok. i think i know what u mean. i'll give that a shot. thx!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom