• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Question How can i save a Body Part Morph i created of several Morph Sliders in VAM as a new Morph Template / Preset ?

Lione

Reactions
Hi,

is there a way i can save a Morph i created of like 10 different Morphs in VAM to add it to the Morph Folder and use that as a template to attach that mixture of many morphs as new single one ?

Like a Genital Shape Morph i like to save that for the next time?
or
Like creating a own Shape gallery with preview Pics i can attach to own creations later again?

Or is there a pay Plugin which offers such Morph Saver or Morph Dumper Functions?

;D

Last edited:
Yes... works more or less good.

1st methode: Dial in only the morph combination you want to save and keep everything else default. OR: Go through the active morph list and move all other sliders to default exept the few you want to save. Then use the plugin "morph merger" and save the standard figure with your own morphs into a single morph.
From that point on, you can use that combined morph as usual.
The old morph merger plugin is somewhat reliable, but sometimes does strange stuff, especially if you split head and body.

2nd methode: Make your own real DAZ-morph by dialing in the same morphs you use in VaM on DAZ standard Genesis 2, then export it as OBJ and re-import it in DAZ with the build in morph creator. As you may know, you can use DAZ Genesis 2 morphs in VaM "out of the box". This might be the cleanest, but also most complicated methode. If the deformations are too extreme, you have to re-rig the DAZ figure. There are some tutorials how to do so.

You maybe want to try the first methode first.

Upvote 0
Thx so much also for this Guide :)

I will try out Morph Merger awesome.

I do not understand what you mean with that i can use DAZ Morphs out of the Box?
I copied a Morph Preset from DAZ to VAM Morph Folder today and the Morph destroys the entire Model.
Actually i am having a good laugh here what creatures come out from Morph Mistakes ;)

So i gues i have misunderstood the out of the Box.

Upvote 0
I think you got it right, but made a small mistake somewhere. You can use the DAZ morphs ending with .dsf in VaM by only copying it to the right folder.
The folder is/are: YourVaMFolder\Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs\female\xyz.dsf . For male or genital morphs, use the corresponding male/genitals folder.
You have to be sure, the DAZ morphs are for Genesis 2 only. Not Genesis 3 or 8! Using other morphs will result in an misformed or exploded model. There are some few morphs, that doesnt work, but most of them are ok.

If you want to use VaM morphs in DAZ, it is the same way in the other direction. If you don't have the original .dsf, but the VaM own .vmb format: there is a tool called "Converting_VAM_to_DAZ" somewhere here in the community.

Therefore you can use all the DAZ-power to create or edit morphs (or textures or clothes) for VaM. Only be sure you are staying with good old Genesis 2.

Upvote 0
This is really useful Information for me :)
Can i use it on any Model or does it has to be the Standard ATOM Person ?
Actually i still wonder if i have to reset a Model in a way before i attach a morph since i realized some models react different then others once i attach a Morph.
Some Models SHapes get destroyed, some not.

I will for sure test with the DAZ DSF Morph Files.

Thx again TToby

Upvote 0
Hi, almost all figures in VaM are Genesis 2 female or male. So female morphs will work on all female figure atoms in theory. Same for men. All other figure variants, that are selectable through the figures skin, are derivates from the standard Genesis 2. There is one single VaM figure that is not Genesis 2 but the even older Genesis (1), though most G2 morphs should be compatible with it.
I can't explain if some morphs would destroy only certein figures, because that should not be possible in theory. Morphs that destroy figures are most likely from non compatible DAZ figures, like Genesis 3. Sometimes a morph is corrupt itself. Sometimes a figure will behave strangely if you dial in a male morph on a female figure and viceversa. It depends on what you mean with "destroy". Sometimes a corrupt morph will only be visible, if you dial it in completely, sometimes one corrupt morph can repair an other corrupt morph in some ways. Think of the tongue that goes crazy with some head morphs, or eyes popping out, or shoulders getting round. If a morph is making your figure explode, it is not only corrupt or badly rigged, but completely wrong.

Upvote 0
Hi,

thx for your reply and Informations :)

What i mean with destroy is, perhaps it could result from that such Models behaving in snake Arms or head stretching etc i attach a Morph to,
that such have been excessive morphed previous also to create that Model / Look before.
Like it works ok with the Standard Female Atom and if i load some Pro Models / Pay Models to test the Morphs such sometimes entire fail.

So my idea regarding that behavior was here if i set some Parameters or sliders of that Model to ZERO / Default ( if thats even possible ) that than a Morph might work, other than just using it on a "complex built" Model which may have been using many different morphs before.

Currently i am having good experiences with Morph Merger in splitting.
And i guess that is really a good way to get Morphs to be used again later :)

I mean that relates to your recommendation in working with single Morphs rather than using one entire Body Morph.
I really think thats the best way to work to avoid such behaviors.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, that is true. If you have a full body morph and use it on a plain default figure, it turns out right, as like intended by the creator. If you mix different compley full body morphs (which will both morph the same body areas), than it most probably will result in some extreme morph values in some body parts. It is like you would dial in two different morphs both for a long neck, for instance. Both morphs will add and you will get a super-long stretched neck. Now think about two morphs that alters the complete figure.

I like the morph mergers splitting option, too. Unfortunately it doesnt work if you have changed the figures height. Then you will get strange results if you don't dial-in both morphs the same ammount. Really a pitty.
What I meant with "many small morphs" is: If you do many small changes, like extra morphs for the nose, the chin and the cheeks, you will have a fine collection of self made morphs over time, that you could use afterwards in many different ways.
But I admit, it is less complicated to create a full morph, if you want to get a very special look right from the start. My own overboarding morph collection results mainly from constantly refining some looks: You created a look you liked, but after a few days you realize, that you will probably need some new morphs to change a small detail here and there, that can not be done by all the many hundred other morphs you have... I guess, I have made up to 30 feet-only morphs over time, for instance. But I am not a good example: I am definitely using much too much morphs per figure, up to a point where it is sometimes all messed up and I have to start from the beginning. Unfortunately I am some kind of a perfectionist with some unimportant things.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom