Question How to create a morph

Chiimi

Reactions
Hi everyone,

I am pretty new to this and have been experimenting making realistic and varied feet. I'd like to make a morph package with various sliders for others to use, as well as make looks and textures that people can download, but I have no idea how to make a custom or new morph. I can't find anything in the wiki.

Does anyone know how to go about making a morph with various sliders of my choosing that I can then package for others to use?

Any help is appreciated. Below are some examples of what I mean.
com.valvesoftware.steamlinkvr-20231227-172342.jpg
com.valvesoftware.steamlinkvr-20231227-172438.jpg

The Wiki is for VaM solely. Morphs are used in VaM but they come from the use of the Genesis 2 DAZ figures. You can make custom morphs taking the G2 figure from DAZ and import it into Blender or others, do the changes, import it back to DAZ and then you can export it to be used in VaM.
This is strange and complicated if you're starting anew, there's a lot to learn and easy to break the process, but with some dedication you can do it. See the guides section, not the wiki, there's all kinds of guides about this. You'll have to read several of them and search online for more information on DAZ and Blender as you progress making better morphs and use those programs.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Wait so it sounds like I use daz to make the morph? I haven't used daz since like 2008 lol but I used to be decent at modeling in it. Is that where all this stuff comes from?
kind of. You export the base resolution model from DAZ to an OBJ. Import that in to blender or any other Non-Destructive modeling program. Blender, zBrush, whatever you choose, as long as it doesn't add or delete vertices. Create your moprh, export as obj, import as morph target to DAZ, the save as Morph Assett file (.DSF). Which you copy to your VAM folder. So no, don't use DAZ for your MORPH creation, it's not great at geometry editing. But it is part of the process. I'll do a whole Start to Finish process soon, video/doc. That will cover the methods I know.

Upvote 0
kind of. You export the base resolution model from DAZ to an OBJ. Import that in to blender or any other Non-Destructive modeling program. Blender, zBrush, whatever you choose, as long as it doesn't add or delete vertices. Create your moprh, export as obj, import as morph target to DAZ, the save as Morph Assett file (.DSF). Which you copy to your VAM folder. So no, don't use DAZ for your MORPH creation, it's not great at geometry editing. But it is part of the process. I'll do a whole Start to Finish process soon, video/doc. That will cover the methods I know.
remember that vam smooths, so your morphs, unless don with the smoothing modifier enabled during the sculpting, will look a bit different in vam, especially low vertex count morphs. Just remember not to apply any subdivision modifiers

Upvote 1
Back
Top Bottom