Question How can I align root position to make 2 model same position?

yueliang

Reactions
I might using wrong terminology, and apologies for that.

In some scenes I want to replace models with same size so I don't need to pay huge amount of adjustment within the scene.
But, when I was adjusting the scale, I noticed root position of 2 models are different.

[First model]
root-1.png

[Second model]
root-2.png

Notice first model gizmo is more close to her feet.
This gives significant impact when I swap my model. If I adjust my first model orifice with guys stick, and when I swap to second model, second model orifice will be far from guy stick.

Is there way to adjust root positon so second model position will be same as first model?

You can detach root control in Control & Physics and then move to the same coordinates as the other one. Afterwards, reattach.
Not sure if there could be side effects to this, but give it a try.

Upvote 0
You can detach root control in Control & Physics and then move to the same coordinates as the other one. Afterwards, reattach.
Not sure if there could be side effects to this, but give it a try.
Thank you for your advice.
I tried that but when I save the preset after I fixed the coordinate, and reload the scene, and reload the preset, it gets back to original coordinate.

1.Click the model (which I want to fix the coordinate)
2."Control and Physics 1" -> Check "Detach Person Root Control"
3.Move gizmo and adjust the coordinate
4."Control and Physics 1" -> UnCheck "Detach Person Root Control"
5."Appearance Presets" -> Save Preset

6.Reload the scene

7."Appearance Presets" _-> Select Existing and select saved presets
Then coordinate is back to original.
(If I didn't reload the scene and open saved presets, it reflect adjusted coordinate, but once I reload the scene, it gets back to original coordinate...)

I can repro this with VaM default lady, so its not my model specific issue.

Please let me know if I'm missing anything.

Upvote 0
Is there way to adjust root positon so second model position will be same as first model?
I am not sure if you are using Timeline, it can be done using "Move relative to root" in Timeline

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom