• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Question How to reset a model or asset position in its axis if i accidently rotated wrong ?

Lione

Reactions
How to reset a model or asset position in its axis if i accidently rotated wrong ?

I do not see any axis coordinates in Game at all like degress info.

So if i rotate a person like 30 degrees wrong playing around with rotation how can i re-set this person to "0" again so its 100% matching plain to the floor again.
Same happens if you accidently rotate a Asset so often or the floor.

I do not want to reload the scene for such.

Last edited:
-you can just zero out rotation, if it was not on critical axis (maybe it was on 0° previously)
-you can lock all rotations & positions on person (under Move tab), to try avoiding this accident (movement of root node)
-not ideal but you can save person pose preset (not legacy preset) with "store root" checked, merge load it if you make mistake?
move.jpgpose.jpg

Upvote 0
It is as RandomVAMUser said,
just select the asset or person, click the "move" tab and reset the angle, for instance. Tjis will be your ingame-coordinates.
It is more difficult to reset it to a certain angle set by the scene. For this you have to save a pose preset for every person and scene, like he showed on the pictures above.
If you didn't have done that, you have to reload the scene or move the person/asset yourselfe.
Some few scenes have already their own pose presets, you can try to apply to the person.

Upvote 0
Its mostly the "z" Position which i do mess up in assets or persons.
So the move Screen helps yes and the presets also.

And this is also great

and honestly it should be built in into VAM with a UI Button and load in edit mode alltime.
Currently it works with Undo = STRG +Z and Redo STRG +Y or in the Plugin Menu by button.

Most of the time it happens are near finished scenes where you accidently move around stuff and then have a pain to fix that.

The UNDO REDO Plugin saves many steps of a current edit, which is great.

I added that now to my default plugins loading a scene alltime.

It's a gold plugin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For not to accidentally move stuff in complicated scenes, I usually lock the axes in the move menu... or better I try to not forget to lock them. LOL.
Thank you, I didn't have known that undo-plugin. Maybe I will have an exeption from my "zero paystuff policy".

I already have a undo-plugin for morph-changes... This is for position-changes... Would be great to finally have a build-in undo function which can do it all-in-one and even undo changes you have made in the hair-creation process and stuff like this. Maybe in VaM 2.x ...

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom