Question how to unlock characters positions ?

orimesh

Reactions
i noticed in that in some scenes i load, the characters position and joints are locked to a specific position in a way that if i move them somewhere else , they automatically move back to the position set by the creator or sometimes don't move at all, wich causes a lot of issues when i want to customize a scene with other looks. when i look at the joints settings, the controls are most often set on "on" or untouched and no links are set, but when i try to move that joint, the link section briefly shows " selectionhandles". as a comparison, most other scenes i load let me move and rotate characters and joints as i want without drastically changing the animation. i turned my head around quite a bit, looked on a bunch of settings and yet cannot find a way to unlock locked postions. does somebody has an idea of what i should do in that case ?

You mentioned animation, which I assume means something like Timeline. Generally, as far as I understand it, Timeline is tracking the absolute position of where each control is in the scene,ie, not relative to the person node. @Acid Bubbles may have something else in the works, but my experience with the versions I've used, you have to modify those key frame by key frame if you want to move things around.

Upvote 0
You mentioned animation, which I assume means something like Timeline. Generally, as far as I understand it, Timeline is tracking the absolute position of where each control is in the scene,ie, not relative to the person node. @Acid Bubbles may have something else in the works, but my experience with the versions I've used, you have to modify those key frame by key frame if you want to move things around.
now that you mentioned timeline it makes it weirder, because Androinz uses it in all his scenes, and yet those let me move characters

Upvote 0
Hi! It depends on the animations, usually, all controls are animated relative to the root control. But if you ticked "Detached root" (in the VaM settings, not Timeline) then the animation becomes relative to a fixed point (you cannot easily switch from one to the other). There are ways to "reattach" the root, for example moving the root at the floor level, ticking off "detached root", and then using the More, Bulk, Offset tool in Timeline to realign everything. What makes VaM so flexible also means people can do "whatever they want", which means there's multiple way to achieve (and change) scenes.

Upvote 0
i noticed in that in some scenes i load, the characters position and joints are locked to a specific position in a way that if i move them somewhere else , they automatically move back to the position set by the creator or sometimes don't move at all, wich causes a lot of issues when i want to customize a scene with other looks. when i look at the joints settings, the controls are most often set on "on" or untouched and no links are set, but when i try to move that joint, the link section briefly shows " selectionhandles". as a comparison, most other scenes i load let me move and rotate characters and joints as i want without drastically changing the animation. i turned my head around quite a bit, looked on a bunch of settings and yet cannot find a way to unlock locked postions. does somebody has an idea of what i should do in that case ?

Go to the plugin / Timeline section of model you want to move around. Go to "Targets," window in Timeline and under the "Controllers," bar, choose the "controller."

After you choose it, on the right side of the window you'll see an option which says [+/-] Add/remove targets. Alternatively, you can directly go to the "+" window, at the right side of "Targets," option.

Anyways, then you'll see a bright red option that says "Remove 1 targets."

Hit that and it will delete the root controls from all the animations related to that model and you'll be able to move the model around freely. Do that for other models too and you can move all of them freely.

-

But if they have animated transitions where the model moves around by using the root controls, this might break some positions etc. depending on the scene.

To give a visual example:
1653665842787.png

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom