Help with 'body jolt' in animation

gameguy199

Reactions
Hello all.

im trying to make superhero themed animation that involves a character flying upwards from the streets to the rooftops, to meet another character.
Thing is, when the character comes to a stop at the end of the animation the physics get a littl wonky.
Basically becomes of the momentum the body wants to keep going and it sorta bounces and jostles a bit before oming to a stop.

Ive toyed aound with the joints, stiffness, bounciness and damper settings, but i just cant seem to eleminate this effect,
I did discover that completely turning off the physics for the model does stop the effect, but im hoping to find a way to do this and leave the physics on.

does anyone have any ideas?

It would be really hilarious if the MCU characters jiggled like that! :ROFLMAO: I think in some of the Superman movies, he didn't just slam into the ground with his feet. He kind of settled down slowly. They did this for dramatic effect, but you could do the same. You could use poses at fixed points in space, but increase the time between poses as the character gets closer to the final position.

trigger:
atomcontrol > freezephysics on
atomcontrol > collisionenabled off
logicbricks delay 0.03s atomcontrol > collisionenabled on
logicbricks delay 0.06s atomcontrol > freezephysics off

never tried it with triggers but it might work. i do something like that for the teleport in Alive to skip the inertia physics

What would be really great would be for a superhero to land hard in that classic pose with feet spread and one hand on the ground, but their cape is still fluttering down.

Back
Top Bottom