• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Height Measure Plugin

Plugins Height Measure Plugin 0.39

https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/height-measure-plugin.7017/#lg=attachment48363&slide=0

Yay! I'll try giving you feedback as soon as I've tested it.

Could I also impose on you to maybe have a talk with AcidBubbles? There are maybe some overlaps between your plugins/areas of interest (the 'Embody'-plugin in his case). For starters, neither of us (AB, yours truly) has any idea what friggin units of measurement VaM uses internally ...

What I can tell you so far from running AB's Embody in parallel to the ... previous? ... version of Heightmeasurement is that Embody always gives the same answer for a persons' size, independent of the char's pose, while your Heightmeasurement's results do change when pose is changed (eg. your plugin will tell me that both the default female and male in T-Pose stand 174cm tall (corresponding to 1.69 whateverunits in Embody), but that changes to 177cm when they assume Embody's 'possession-ready-pose' (actually looks to me like 'at attention'-stance in the military, but ymmv ...;)))

Uhmmmmh - actually, I was worrying about getting on your nerves a bit ...? YOU SURE ABOUT THAT? ;)
The embody plugin uses the bones and tries to trace those no matter the pose. My approach is different. It is the traditional, stand against a wall and hold a line up. So if the character is slouching, my measurements will “slouch” too.

Units in unity are 1 unity unit = 1 meter

This is such a great plugin. I just wanted to make the author aware, that there are some issues with it when using a person that has certain morphs applied, or if they are scaled any value other than 1.0 (100%), where the circumference calculation and sometimes the height it detects to calculate the circumference gets completely messed up. When you scale to 90% (or any value) for example and visualize the circumference guides, the last 2 or 3 points on the spline are offset vertically and don't measure properly. Hoping this isn't a problem that I am alone with, and that it is an easy fix. I'm not that tech savvy, but a scalar of some sort for the height reference points of all features measured needs to be derived from the atom scale or something along those lines to always keep things lined up. No idea how anything works on that level though, just a guess. It seems to be the last 3 or 4 points on the strand that are having the most issues, but all measurements are offset in some form

Image to demonstrate:
measurements.PNG

Thanks for your work on this.

This is such a great plugin. I just wanted to make the author aware, that there are some issues with it when using a person that has certain morphs applied, or if they are scaled any value other than 1.0 (100%), where the circumference calculation and sometimes the height it detects to calculate the circumference gets completely messed up. When you scale to 90% (or any value) for example and visualize the circumference guides, the last 2 or 3 points on the spline are offset vertically and don't measure properly. Hoping this isn't a problem that I am alone with, and that it is an easy fix. I'm not that tech savvy, but a scalar of some sort for the height reference points of all features measured needs to be derived from the atom scale or something along those lines to always keep things lined up. No idea how anything works on that level though, just a guess. It seems to be the last 3 or 4 points on the strand that are having the most issues, but all measurements are offset in some form

Image to demonstrate:
View attachment 48477

Thanks for your work on this.
I will play with scaling and see if I can make it break too.

One thing to watch out for, you must have soft body physics ON for these screens "Control & Physics 1", "F Breast Physics 2" or else the circumference checks based on the current points will not work right. I'll be working on a way around that but give that a try.

Thanks for the great plugin! Could you please add the head to body ratio info again? I found it really useful.
Sure I will put it back. In the interim, the lowest left head marker should have the same number just the the left of the feet.

Edit: never mind I misunderstood, yes that is missing and I will put it back

I am getting an error on v.12 with (at least) female characters

!> Compile of LFE.HeightMeasure.12:/Custom/Scripts/LFE/HeightMeasure/src/Model/CharacterMeasurements.cs failed. Errors:
!> [CS246]: The type or namespace name `CharacterPointsOfInterest' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference? in <Unknown> at [39, 16]

v.10 still works as normally

!> Compile of LFE.HeightMeasure.12:/Custom/Scripts/LFE/HeightMeasure/src/Model/CharacterMeasurements.cs failed. Errors:
!> [CS246]: The type or namespace name `CharacterPointsOfInterest' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference? in <Unknown> at [39, 16]

Thank you I will look at this soon

I will play with scaling and see if I can make it break too.

One thing to watch out for, you must have soft body physics ON for these screens "Control & Physics 1", "F Breast Physics 2" or else the circumference checks based on the current points will not work right. I'll be working on a way around that but give that a try.

Thanks for your reply. All physics were on and I believe I followed your instructions correctly as posted. Please let me know if you can't duplicate the issue. Fingers crossed it is an easy fix.

Thanks for your reply. All physics were on and I believe I followed your instructions correctly as posted. Please let me know if you can't duplicate the issue. Fingers crossed it is an easy fix.
I was not able to reproduce it. If you could private message me a scene file, here, or on discord that may help.

Thanks for the great plugin! Could you please add the head to body ratio info again? I found it really useful.

I added a new Unit type in the plugin preferences called "Heads". If you would not mind testing it and letting me know if that works before I upload it to the hub it would be appreciated.

Here is the prerelease.

I have tried but I can not reproduce that problem. Maybe try downloading the plugin again and refresh packages in VAM to see if it works.

I tested on VAM version 1.20.77.9 with the default scene.

While I have not been able to reproduce it, also double check that soft body physics is ON in the "Open Main UI" > "User Preferences" > "Soft Body Physics" in the main settings (not just on the person). I know I have left that off before and it has caused problems.

While I have not been able to reproduce it, also double check that soft body physics is ON in the "Open Main UI" > "User Preferences" > "Soft Body Physics" in the main settings (not just on the person). I know I have left that off before and it has caused problems.

Interesting. Thanks for trying to look into it. I double checked and everything was selected as it should have been I think. After troubleshooting about 30 minutes I suspect it is some of the personal custom morphs I am using breaking it in combination with scaling. Must be messing up the colliders. I loaded in a collider editor plugin and noticed how broken some things looked. I think I have narrowed it down. Removing those morphs fixes it now half the time and toggling the master Soft Body Physics resolves it if it gets stuck. I should probably check my install integrity. That being said, I now currently don't suspect anyone else is experiencing this.

I think we can consider this resolved. Thank you so much.

I added a new Unit type in the plugin preferences called "Heads". If you would not mind testing it and letting me know if that works before I upload it to the hub it would be appreciated.

Here is the prerelease.

Thanks! I tried it and everything seems to work alright.
I was wondering. You changed your calculation from V10 to V11 correct?
The default model size is
V10: 7.7 heads / 176cm
V11: 7.3 heads/ 168cm
Did you find a way to make it more accurate in V11? I thought V10 was more accurate. but I mean I DON'T KNOW just felt right to me.

Last edited:
Thanks! I tried it and everything seems to work alright.
I was wondering. You changed your calculation from V10 to V11 correct?
The default model size is
V10: 7.7 heads / 176cm
V11: 7.3 heads/ 168cm
Did you find a way to make it more accurate in V11? I thought V10 was more accurate. but I mean I DON'T KNOW just felt right to me.

There were no changes to the height measurements that I have been noticing.

Here is how I have been testing.
Click Control & Physics 1
Click Reset Pose
Click Reset Look
Add a HeightMeasureThingy to the scene and line up the HeightMeasureThingy with the foot line (https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/heightmeasurethingy.219/)

Here are the measurements I get with the different versions of the plugin:
V7: 7.7 heads / 175cm (off by -1cm compared to heightmeasurethingy) Head height 22cm
V8: 7.7 heads / 175cm (off by -1cm compared to heightmeasurethingy) Head height 22cm
V9: 7.7 heads / 175cm (off by -1cm compared to heightmeasurethingy) Head height 22cm
V10: 7.7 heads / 175cm (off by about -1cm compared to heightmeasurethingy) Head height 22cm
V11: 7.7 heads / 176cm (off by about +0.25cm compared to heightmeasurethingy) Head height 22.7cm
V12: 7.7 heads / 176cm (off by about +0.25cm compared to heightmeasurethingy) Head height 22.7cm
V13 (github - not released here yet): 7.7 heads / 176cm (off by about +0.25cm compared to heightmeasurethingy) Head height 22.7cm

Height in heads is calculated by using unrounded height height and person height so dividing 176/22.7 will not give you the exact number you see on the screen.

I am interested in getting a look at your problematic scene. If you are on discord, send me a json file and I will take a look.

Sorry I'm a twat, I somehow tried to load the "charactermeasurements" file :/ It works fine now.
Anyway I noticed while trying in a dark scene that the measurement lines are affected by light and the text is affected by post processing.
By the way would it be possible to get the measurements into a camera overlay of sorts for doing "mug shots" of characters?

Very useful plugin, is there any way to make the Height Card smaller and move it to the right by default? I see the text size can be changed but not the size of the card.

There were no changes to the height measurements that I have been noticing.

Here is how I have been testing.
Click Control & Physics 1
Click Reset Pose
Click Reset Look
Add a HeightMeasureThingy to the scene and line up the HeightMeasureThingy with the foot line (https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/heightmeasurethingy.219/)

Here are the measurements I get with the different versions of the plugin:
V7: 7.7 heads / 175cm (off by -1cm compared to heightmeasurethingy) Head height 22cm
V8: 7.7 heads / 175cm (off by -1cm compared to heightmeasurethingy) Head height 22cm
V9: 7.7 heads / 175cm (off by -1cm compared to heightmeasurethingy) Head height 22cm
V10: 7.7 heads / 175cm (off by about -1cm compared to heightmeasurethingy) Head height 22cm
V11: 7.7 heads / 176cm (off by about +0.25cm compared to heightmeasurethingy) Head height 22.7cm
V12: 7.7 heads / 176cm (off by about +0.25cm compared to heightmeasurethingy) Head height 22.7cm
V13 (github - not released here yet): 7.7 heads / 176cm (off by about +0.25cm compared to heightmeasurethingy) Head height 22.7cm

Height in heads is calculated by using unrounded height height and person height so dividing 176/22.7 will not give you the exact number you see on the screen.

I am interested in getting a look at your problematic scene. If you are on discord, send me a json file and I will take a look.

My mistake. The scene was responsible.

Very useful plugin, is there any way to make the Height Card smaller and move it to the right by default? I see the text size can be changed but not the size of the card.

Hi! What sort of sizing options are you looking for? Is it the length of the lines that you would like to change?

For defaulting the position of the lines, the latest version 14 of this plugin lets you save presets using the built-in vam Plugin Presets. Try adding this plugin, change the settings that you want to meet your needs. Then click on the Plugin Presets tab and save with a name. Next time you want to load this plugin, load the preset instead and it will bring your desired settings.

I would really like this plugin to work, but I cannot see any measurements, only the lines, no text. Any ideas?

I would really like this plugin to work, but I cannot see any measurements, only the lines, no text. Any ideas?
Here are a few ideas.
Make sure you are not freezing animations
Make sure you are in edit mode not play mode (I am trying a way around this in code not yet tho)
Make sure all soft physics is on

let me know if any of those fix

Hi! What sort of sizing options are you looking for? Is it the length of the lines that you would like to change?

For defaulting the position of the lines, the latest version 14 of this plugin lets you save presets using the built-in vam Plugin Presets. Try adding this plugin, change the settings that you want to meet your needs. Then click on the Plugin Presets tab and save with a name. Next time you want to load this plugin, load the preset instead and it will bring your desired settings.

In the previous versions there was a panel with all the details on but it's not there now. I turned all the other info off, because I only needed the Person height. The panel was huge and could have been a lot smaller and still serve it purpose. Not to worry, it still does what i need it to do.

Here are a few ideas.
Make sure you are not freezing animations
Make sure you are in edit mode not play mode (I am trying a way around this in code not yet tho)
Make sure all soft physics is on

let me know if any of those fix
It was none of the above. I had render resolution at 2x (no idea why).

In the previous versions there was a panel with all the details on but it's not there now. I turned all the other info off, because I only needed the Person height. The panel was huge and could have been a lot smaller and still serve it purpose. Not to worry, it still does what i need it to do.

I see. So a way to see the measurements without having the lines on the screen. I will try and add something back into the plugin panel with some quick stats. Maybe even showing just the height in the plugin description in the plugin list itself (before you show the plugin UI).

Thank you for the feedback

Back
Top Bottom