Having a problem with SuperShot

SundaeCami

Reactions
Hi! I'm having a weird problem with MacGruber's Supershot Plugin and how every time I take a screenshot with the depth of field, the background never turns out blurry how I want it unless it's a video. I also have PostMagic on as well, if that is interfering with it.

Depth of Field blur in PostMagic works as pixel radius. For example, lets say you have settings that would blur part of your image with a radius of 5 pixels when rendering in normal VaM, say at 1920x1080 resolution.

Now, if you use SuperShot at default settings, it does internally render at 4x the resolution, so 7680x4320. To achieve the same amount of blur, it would need a radius of 20 pixels.

TL;DR: You just need stronger blur settings.

Depth of Field blur in PostMagic works as pixel radius. For example, lets say you have settings that would blur part of your image with a radius of 5 pixels when rendering in normal VaM, say at 1920x1080 resolution.

Now, if you use SuperShot at default settings, it does internally render at 4x the resolution, so 7680x4320. To achieve the same amount of blur, it would need a radius of 20 pixels.

TL;DR: You just need stronger blur settings.
Ohhhhh okay thank you soo much!

@MacGruber Hi, how can you apply stronger blur settings? The strongest settings allowed by PostMagic don't appear to be sufficient for taking the highest resolution screenshots with SuperShot. The result is still only slightly blurred when compared to a lower resolution screenshot taken with the same settings.

Is there any way to further increase blur strength? Thanks.

@MacGruber Hi, how can you apply stronger blur settings? The strongest settings allowed by PostMagic don't appear to be sufficient for taking the highest resolution screenshots with SuperShot. The result is still only slightly blurred when compared to a lower resolution screenshot taken with the same settings.

Is there any way to further increase blur strength? Thanks.
Nope. PostMagic is just a UI frontend to hidden VaM features. The value range is simply just what VaM supports, can't change that.

Back
Top Bottom