Anyone else with windows 11 having firewall issues with vam?

0SilverCloud0

Reactions
The last couple of windows updates seems to have the firewall blocking ports to vam. I have vam as an allowed app and have even removed and re added. Still after a few minutes hub downloads get slowed and then just time out . Very much like my firewall is blocking them. Removing and adding vam will give my access for a few minutes and then just returns to slowed or time outs. External downloads don't seem to be effected , so really seems to be hidden firewall settings. Been rather annoying for a while now and havn't been able to get as much new content or even update content reliably either. Windows Home 11 by the way and early adopted version at that. Also Steam Version of Vam with added updates bringing it to current version.

Well found out SON was switched to on with the Fios router. Turned on it was connecting my Laptop at 2.4 rather then 5.0. Turned off Laptop and Quest 2 connect at 5.0 and most things are downloading normally now. So turns out router settings and not firewall. Glad I found this out and hope this info may help others with simular issues :)

Back
Top Bottom