• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

issues with controllers (WMR headset)

sdfg3456

Reactions
Just moved from an rift s to a WMR based headset. I only play with the right controller and with the oculus this worked well, i could move around (forward, back, turn) with the right thumbstick and up/down by pressing the thumbstick.

Now with the WMR headset and steam vr, the right thumbstick is reversed compared to the oculus. Anyone know how to change this so taht the right thumbstick moved forward/back instead of up/down?

Another issue I'm seeing now is that control points do not show up even with the menu overlay shown and edit selected. With oculus this worked fine and I could move points around and stuff. Now with this WMR headset the game is pretty much unplayable.

Last edited:
i had a similiar issue, i use wmr aswell. it was long ago. but i managed to change the controllers key bindings. pretty sure in steamvr

probly a mixture of vam controller settings and steamvr

i had a similiar issue, i use wmr aswell. it was long ago. but i managed to change the controllers key bindings. pretty sure in steamvr

probly a mixture of vam controller settings and steamvr

i've looked in bindings and there's nothing in there i can find to change what the joystick does. Did you changing bindings enable you to make right control stick go forward/back instead of up/down?

i've looked in bindings and there's nothing in there i can find to change what the joystick does. Did you changing bindings enable you to make right control stick go forward/back instead of up/down?
you should check first very very carefully in vam vr menus options about joystick ( pivot stick) presets... and for the rest: if you have a reverb g2 you should have no problems even with steam vr standard settings. It's true that with oculus runtime it was all more easy and good with controllers ... but I can play very good even with just a single right hand controller, editing mode, with reverb g2.

I also have a G2 and use only the right controller. If you keep down the thumbstick button and move the controller you can grab the world and move forward or any direction.
I use the default controller settings and grabbing the world is more than enough to move around short distances.

you should check first very very carefully in vam vr menus options about joystick ( pivot stick) presets... and for the rest: if you have a reverb g2 you should have no problems even with steam vr standard settings. It's true that with oculus runtime it was all more easy and good with controllers ... but I can play very good even with just a single right hand controller, editing mode, with reverb g2.

where in the menu? I don't see pivot stick presets...

@atani, i dont feel like this is as easy to move around as it was with oculus.

and anyone know why control points don't show up when I open the menu and select edit? They used to with oculus. This one is weird and seems like which headset i use shouldn't have an effect. Yet i can only select a control point if i hold down the a button on the controller?!?

in steam bindings there is an option to bind a key to change axis of joysticks. Problem is, you press the key it switches back and forth. What a complete and utter joke steam vr is

and anyone know why control points don't show up when I open the menu and select edit? They used to with oculus. This one is weird and seems like which headset i use shouldn't have an effect. Yet i can only select a control point if i hold down the a button on the controller?!?
this is a problem (keeping static control points view) with vam and reverb that I could not solve... for sure not with that mess key bindings of steam vr. Editing in vr it is the same quite easy during the temporary controls visibility that you get by clicking the button "menu open" of your controller. If really you need to do advanced editing in vr mode you can also use some of your physical keyboard shortcuts like <t> for instance, that should trigger a static view of all the scene active controllers (points).

this is a problem (keeping static control points view) with vam and reverb that I could not solve... for sure not with that mess key bindings of steam vr. Editing in vr it is the same quite easy during the temporary controls visibility that you get by clicking the button "menu open" of your controller. If really you need to do advanced editing in vr mode you can also use some of your physical keyboard shortcuts like <t> for instance, that should trigger a static view of all the scene active controllers (points).

that did it, hitting t brought up the control points. Still, it's shitty and the implementation of steamvr in this game doesn't seem very good.

found a fix for disappearing UI menu that's been making it so difficult to make scenes! Removed PostMagic from session plug-in and BAM, problem solved! I now have to retract anything negative i said about using a WMR with VAM. Now, it's PERFECT and light years better than using the Oculus.

Seems this problem was experienced by others, as if you go to MacGrubers post for PostMagic 3.0, in the discussion someone calls it out back in 2021. I'm sad I have to remove it cause i used it for LUTs.

and also, easily binding two keys on right controller to axis swap fixes that problem as well.

and also, easily binding two keys on right controller to axis swap fixes that problem as well.
Hi, could you explain how did you do that?
When I bind the "switch axis " action it just swap both controller, move forward on right hand but turn on left hand, did not manage to get both on the same hand
I'm on a G2 too

Now, it's PERFECT and light years better than using the Oculus.

Seems this problem was experienced by others, as if you go to MacGrubers post for PostMagic 3.0, in the discussion someone calls it out back in 2021. I'm sad I have to remove it cause i used it for LUTs.
100% agree (about g2 controllers). I try never EVER to use crapware session plugins and I don't really see any motivation to do personal settings with key binding.

Back
Top Bottom