camera not aligned with VR headset

Marshalpoi

Reactions
this has become a really annoying problem recently. for one reason or another, the camera just detaches itself from the head. I never even notice until i see the models looking up, or if the camera to save with spawns in a random direction.

I just look up and see a floating transparent bean with two eyes that suppose to be where my head is. Is there an easier way to realign it without having to save everything and restart?

I have had that occasionally with oculus rift s. I had to restart oculus and redo the gaurdian setup where you set the floor level.

I have a similar issue - when I load into a scene I've made, my VR camera is fixed in the air above the scene and I can see the two eyes, VR hands and the UI floating in the distance - moving the VR joysticks moves the eyes, VR hands and hud around but my view remains fixed in the air.

I have a similar issue - when I load into a scene I've made, my VR camera is fixed in the air above the scene and I can see the two eyes, VR hands and the UI floating in the distance - moving the VR joysticks moves the eyes, VR hands and hud around but my view remains fixed in the air.
To the second question:
Is this only with certain custom unity assets/environments?
I have the exactly same issue with some few faulty environments (cua) obviously not tested in VR. The Unity scene-setup is not correct with those environments and there is nothing you can do about that without redoing them in Unity.
Though, I never had that issue in plain VaM.

To the second question:
Is this only with certain custom unity assets/environments?
I have the exactly same issue with some few faulty environments (cua) obviously not tested in VR. The Unity scene-setup is not correct with those environments and there is nothing you can do about that without redoing them in Unity.
Though, I never had that issue in plain VaM.
Yeah, its just in one certain scene I've made - although I tried switching out the environment asset and replacing it with a different one but it still did the same thing when loading in. Although, now that I think about it I didn't change a certain skybox asset so maybe I'll see if that's the cause.

Yeah, its just in one certain scene I've made - although I tried switching out the environment asset and replacing it with a different one but it still did the same thing when loading in. Although, now that I think about it I didn't change a certain skybox asset so maybe I'll see if that's the cause.
Nope, changed nothing. No idea why its doing this but I haven't touched that scene in ages so Imma just call it a bust.

Here with the same problem. Especially annoying when a model stares at you. Or in this case, at the green bean in the air above me.
Have it with a Rift S.

Two things, if the monitor mode gets enabled, it'll mess the vr camera up, and if the creator of the scene left the default camera in, it'll snap to that camera and it's a pain in the butt. Easy to forget to remove when saving a new scene in unity. I have a Rift S and it generally happens when i either block one of the headset cameras, or the lights go out. I miss the infra-red tracking days

Literally every scene from blank creator to the most custom new or old scenes have this problem for me. The 'green bean' as someone above posted is always above and a bit to the side of the headset. The view out my headset should line up with the view out my monitor in desktop mode...I don't see why this would even be something breakable. I've tried messing with varies settings but I'm an amateur so maybe I'm missing something. I don't use my rift S for anything but virtamate. On my old rig with an OG rift I don't explicitly remember this being a problem but I can say I played subnautica for hours and hours with perfect headset alignment, and lone echo, and playing on the new rig is unusable due to alignment issues. I've redrawn play areas (not that it should matter - I play exclusively seated in an unmoving chair), reset the ground level in rift (also obviously unchanging). Is there some simple way to grab the green bean and move it where I want it or snap it to whatever invisible eyeball links to PC vision? I want my desktop view and rift view to match 100% for multiple reasons.

OK so I've been having this issue but figured out how to fix it. It would be rude of me not to share it!

It happened to me when importing a custom unity asset that I'd generated. The original mesh I imported into unity had a camera view included, just delete it then create a new prefab and voila!

the only time i have ever experienced this is when i start the game in vr mode but work on the desktop, it leaves that button in the bottom left to turn the monitor on and off, if i forget to turn the monitor off before i put my headset on eyes will be all wack like stated, and left thumb stick is wonky as heck. now that i know whats going on i remove my headset and click the button to turn the monitor off, not sure if this is whats going on above but figured id throw my experience out there.

i do the above so i can work on desktop and quickly put vr on to postion something proper, then go back to desktop. makes setting some stuff up easier. food for thought.

OK so I've been having this issue but figured out how to fix it. It would be rude of me not to share it!

It happened to me when importing a custom unity asset that I'd generated. The original mesh I imported into unity had a camera view included, just delete it then create a new prefab and voila!
Hi I am having the same problem. I just started using VaM and not sure what you meant by this solution. Could you dumb it down a bit and upload some screenshot of how to change the alignment back? It happens to all my scenes when trying to tweak appearances and adding atoms like furniture or sometimes another person. I am not sure what atom or item I imported caused the camera to be offset. Your help is very appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom