Stop Windows VR Headset from Drifting

clarkkent00000

Reactions
I have been using VAM for almost two years now with Windows VR Headset. I just got a new computer and for some reason I get constant drifting from the headset. Have any of you experience this before and if so, what did you do to fix it? Thanks!

It took a while but I figured it out. I just did not have the right search terms and I got a bit busy with life. If you happen to run into this problem, it was the thumb controllers and something to do with bindings. Sorry but I am not a techincal person. They need to be adjusted or calibrated in the Steam app so they do not look like they are be pressed and therefore move you around automatically. I felt like I read it before somewhere prior it happening to me but I just ignored it because it did not apply to me.

In Steam VR controller settings you can also adjust the deadzone. Since 1.2 dropped I've lost z-axis control on the right motion controller even after unchecking the height lock option, have you experienced this? Just wondering.

Last edited:
I will have to look into the deadzone. I greatly appreciate. I wish I could return the favor. I usually jumped ahead (Z-ish) using the pad on the controller. I am sorry but I am no help to you in that way. I wish I could because I feel like I am the only one that uses WMR. I know that it is not true but we are certainly in the minority. It is nice to hear from someone else!

Back
Top Bottom