Animation problem with atom parent/Physics link.

Luxi0r27

Reactions
Hi there,

When I make an animation with Timeline and I try to take an atom like the hand of the girl to stick to another atom (heads, shoulders...)

Every time I create the animation and set the parent link with Timeline or even with the VaM system, the animation is not coordinated at all and is not aligned.
The animations created on the other atom don't work correctly and are always out of sync.

How can I fix the problem please? What are the steps, maybe I'm doing it wrong ?
Example:
Girl's hand on the forehead of the man's face to follow his head movements.

Thank you very much.

How can I fix the problem please? What are the steps, maybe I'm doing it wrong ?
Example:
Girl's hand on the forehead of the man's face to follow his head movements.

Thank you very much.

There's the body part, and the control (the green/red node) for the body part. I suspect you're linking to the control. Link to the body part instead.

For example, link to the "head" not the "head control".

Sorry my English is not so good, hard to explain well :ROFLMAO:
So, I am linked to the "head".
It still doesn't work :(

What I want to do: A 1 guy/ 1 girl scene.

What I do to animate:
Atoms in ON or "Comply" for the ones I want to animate.
I use a VR headset and timeline in animation recording.
I animate the girl first, I start to animate the head/hip/chest then after the arms and one of the hands for a handjob.
The non-animated hand remains in connection with the head/front/neck of the guy depending on the context.I put it in parent or physic link (hand woman link to head or neck example).
The animation with the girl works (y)

After, I animate the guy and so the hand of the girl stays on the forehead or the neck of the man, it's perfect (y)
The problem is that after animating the guy, the girl's animation is no longer coordinated and shifts from his animation and the handjob is in the void... (n)

Do you understand my problem ?
When am I doing it wrong?

Thank you ! :)

Try to use Timeline's "Save pose" feature
"Use current pose / Overwrite pose" and enable "Apply pose on transition" :unsure:

Ah I didn't think of that, yes, I will try :D

By the way, in order to set up an animation correctly, do you have to add all the atoms even if they are not used? For better position begin ?

1. When you want to make the natural movements, do you take Comply ? That way, it animates the hip, chest just by controlling the head.

2. The best system for stick an atom to another by following its movements ? Parent Link included Timeline or to take the Parent Link system from VaM or Physic link ?

Thanks again (y)

No, you don't have to add all the atoms, you can add them later if you ever need it, and use "Overwrite pose" if you change atoms on/off status so your new pose will be saved.
Not sure about comply, I never use it :unsure:, I mostly use on or off
Timeline Parent Link is very good, but if you need firm placement increase "hold position spring" and "hold rotation spring", and then use "Overwrite pose" so that it will be saved

hold.jpg

I'm going to try this tonight, a new animation and see if it works like this.

Thanks man that's great :)

Hey,

I still have a problem that I don't know how to solve at all :(

I create an animation on character number 1 with physic link timeline on his hand to head character number 2.
It works.
But when I animate the character 2 and his head, the physic link hand of character 1 doesn't hold the position anymore and according to the fast animation or not, it doesn't stay on the atom, it crosses the texture and the fingers don't hold the position anymore...

How to do ?
Thank you. :unsure:

Make sure the hand physics link is to "head" and not "head control".

In Vam, each body part has a node (the green/red cube) that is attached to the corresponding body part with a spring. When enabled, the node is not always in the same spot as its body part.

By linking to "head control", the hand will follow the node. By linking to "head" (scroll further down the list to find it) , the hand will stick to the head itself.

It wasn't that but I found the solution.. :D So for the others :

I had to activate the shoulders and lower the max force physique.
As a result, the hands don't cross the head anymore, there was too much force on the shoulders... 🥳

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom