Grace Period / Precision For Enforcement of Piracy Policy?

Clocksmith

Reactions
I'm a subscriber to @bamair1984 and I notice that all his posts got deleted because a single post contained an mp3 file. I have to say, this is a little over the top.

This is obviously in response to the new Piracy Policy which I'm sure most people have seen.

This new policy was just introduced 2 days ago. It makes sense to:
1) Warn creators that they have violated the policy and give them a grace period of at least a week to take down material violating the policy.
2) Only take down material that violates the policy instead of erasing their entire library from the hub.

Moves like this are going to rapidly destroy the libraries of dedicated and hard-working creators in an already small community.

@Clocksmith are you talking about media posts? All the PC and free assets posted by @bamair1984 are still up:

I may have misperceived but I'm pretty sure at the time of my original post, all his Resources were taken down. He just posted he's still having some issues. And the warning message he received from moderation explicitly stated that all of his posts would be taken down and would have to be individually reposted and approved. I will be happy to hear if they have reversed this policy and taken the more reasonable route I recommended.

Bamairs's stuff was inadvertently removed for a time today due to a bug on the hub. It's back up now.

Nobody gets banned for a single offence. Typically, people who get banned have been warned over and over, but keep breaking the same rules.

We're not looking to nail anyone to the wall. But the announcement WAS the warning to creators that they need to make sure their content is in compliance with the rules. However, the mods aren't going to check every post on the hub and alert the creators which ones have issues. That's simply not feasible. Users are expected to do that themselves.

We know that for users with a large collection of posts, this could take a while. Make a good faith effort to get it done, and you'll find we're pretty understanding.

Last edited:
I may have misperceived but I'm pretty sure at the time of my original post, all his Resources were taken down. He just posted he's still having some issues. And the warning message he received from moderation explicitly stated that all of his posts would be taken down and would have to be individually reposted and approved. I will be happy to hear if they have reversed this policy and taken the more reasonable route I recommended.

We don't share information about other users due to privacy. All I can say is that your facts are incorrect.

We don't share information about other users due to privacy. All I can say is that your facts are incorrect.
He shared a screenshot of the message with us and I read what it said. But if you are choosing to be reasonable, that is enough for me to drop the issue.

Back
Top Bottom