Answered GPU Utilization

Dcd_v1

Reactions
Patreon
Dcd_v1
Does anyone else's VaM GPU utilization go to 100% when the application is minimized? Seems to only happen when a scene is opened and still happens if I limit my FPS (with Nvidia control panel). Its not a big deal, just want to see if this happens to anyone else before I start reinstalling drivers and stuff. I am aware my GPU will be at 100% at big scenes. Its just odd that this happens on minimizing the application.

Example:
If I open the 3-Point-Lighting Setup scene, it uses about 60% of my GPU, but if I minimize the application the GPU utilization jumps to 100%. On restore to VaM it goes back to 60%.

Thanks for your time,
Dcd

Specs: i7 9700k, 2070 Super, Nvme, Win10.

Last edited:
By default VaM does not pause the game when its in background. However, since does not actually need to render (as you can't see it when minimized), the frame rate goes up, causing 100% GPU usage.

My FrameRateControl plugin has an option to pause VaM when not loading or the window is not focused. I'm usually using that when going back an forth between VaM and other applications (Blender, Unity, DaVinci Resolve, etc.) so my system power is used where actually needed.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom