Reactions
Website
www.patreon.com
Twitter
sh11fa
Patreon
immyneedscake
immyneedscake submitted a new resource:

Geoshell Skin Emission - A geoshell for custom body glow and emissions.

This is a G2F geoshell that modders can use for custom body glow and emissions by including presets on their looks. This also works for clothing if the clothing is skin-tight.

A few screenshots of what is possible:

View attachment 41341

View attachment 41342

View attachment 41343

How to use (users):
- Force Reload this clothing.
- Load the desired clothing...​

Read more about this resource...

It keeps telling me it cannot load emissiveshader.assetbundle somehow, even though i have it in custom/assets...

It keeps telling me it cannot load emissiveshader.assetbundle somehow, even though i have it in custom/assets...

reason is if your scene had a emissive plugin and you removed it, you have to replace it with that exact same emissive plugin so the assetbundle path stays the same. for example if you loaded emissive plugin preset from this resource into a scene it loads the assetbundle in the var. If you remove the plugin, and then you tried to load a local version, the new assetbundle path is local, not in the var. MeshedVR with his latest security update voided the Unity PlayerPrefs call (and to make this plugin work, one of the things i had to do is disable that part of the script), and now it cant stash the location of the script.

TLDR fix is to either load the exact same script originally used in the scene, or to remove the emission plugin from all characters, save the scene, reload VAM and now load in the plugin preset as in instructions.

Thanks for this, very cool once I figured out the steps, only took an hour to understand how to do my own presets! 🤣

For anyone else who's confused like I was: You need to download 3 parts. The "main" geoshell (by ivansx, posted by SupaRioAmateur); the emissive geoshell; and a preset for the emissive geoshell (that LOOKS LIKE the main geoshell, but doesn't directly interact with it). These are the dependencies, but I think it helps to keep that in mind so you don't confuse what presets to load where.
For loading the emissive geoshell:
1) "Force Reload this clothing" - First, load in this Geoshell Emission clothing. Then, under Presets/Custom tab for the clothing, the "Force Load" button is on the bottom right (I'd never used this button before!)
2) "Load the desired clothing preset" - No clothing preset comes with the Geoshell Emission clothing - you have to find and load whichever preset you picked (part 3 from above).
3) "Merge Load "Emissive-Geoshell" plugin preset" - go to your person's Plugin Presets tab and make sure that "Merge Load" in the top left is checked (again, something I'd never used/noticed before). Then Select Existing, and click on the immyneedscake_Geoshell_Skin_Emissive.X VAR (folder) in the list on the left to find the plugin preset.

And, for it to look right, load the "main" geoshell clothing as well, and pick the matching preset for it - this is not part of the instructions given, which confused me.
And, if you are like me, "moron lite," and loaded the plugin preset WITHOUT checking "Merge Load" first, make sure you go to Plugins tab and REMOVE the Emissive Clothing plugin that's there before you go back to Plugins Presets and load the preset again with Merge Load checked.

Ooh, also, one question - any chance that this emissive effect could be applied to actual skins, not geoshells? I have a dream of glowing genitals, I'm not ashamed to admit, wondering if that's going to have to wait for the new shaders in VAM 2.0...

Thanks for this, very cool once I figured out the steps, only took an hour to understand how to do my own presets! 🤣

For anyone else who's confused like I was: You need to download 3 parts. The "main" geoshell (by ivansx, posted by SupaRioAmateur); the emissive geoshell; and a preset for the emissive geoshell (that LOOKS LIKE the main geoshell, but doesn't directly interact with it). These are the dependencies, but I think it helps to keep that in mind so you don't confuse what presets to load where.
For loading the emissive geoshell:
1) "Force Reload this clothing" - First, load in this Geoshell Emission clothing. Then, under Presets/Custom tab for the clothing, the "Force Load" button is on the bottom right (I'd never used this button before!)
2) "Load the desired clothing preset" - No clothing preset comes with the Geoshell Emission clothing - you have to find and load whichever preset you picked (part 3 from above).
3) "Merge Load "Emissive-Geoshell" plugin preset" - go to your person's Plugin Presets tab and make sure that "Merge Load" in the top left is checked (again, something I'd never used/noticed before). Then Select Existing, and click on the immyneedscake_Geoshell_Skin_Emissive.X VAR (folder) in the list on the left to find the plugin preset.

And, for it to look right, load the "main" geoshell clothing as well, and pick the matching preset for it - this is not part of the instructions given, which confused me.
And, if you are like me, "moron lite," and loaded the plugin preset WITHOUT checking "Merge Load" first, make sure you go to Plugins tab and REMOVE the Emissive Clothing plugin that's there before you go back to Plugins Presets and load the preset again with Merge Load checked.

Thanks for this. I made a video for this but my DaVinci Resolve doesn't want to start up andI got tired zzz. I'll post a video tutorial later incase its weird to use. A a picture is worth a thousand words for sure.

What you said is absolutely right. Just wanted to correct you that the "main" geoshell by ivansx is not required for this resource, but rather for the specific samus emissive I posted, since thats where the samus bodysuit is from.

Ooh, also, one question - any chance that this emissive effect could be applied to actual skins, not geoshells? I have a dream of glowing genitals, I'm not ashamed to admit, wondering if that's going to have to wait for the new shaders in VAM 2.0...

AFAIK it only works with clothing items atm :c

I'm in the same boat, a lot of the characters I want to model really would benefit from glowing nipples, labia, etc. Also being able to get neon bodypaint for rave scenes would be amazing.

I'm in the same boat, a lot of the characters I want to model really would benefit from glowing nipples, labia, etc. Also being able to get neon bodypaint for rave scenes would be amazing.
Nipples are possible (see SupaRioAmateur's geoshell clothing nipples), but the geoshell doesn't match the geometry of genitals which is why it would have to be the skin itself that's emissive. But I'm sure that's something that requires shaders that VAM skins can't currently use.

Damn, thanks for the heads up. I'll try my damndest to get something to work, too manylooks would just be massively improved by it

I can't figure out for the life of me how to use this. Can some one post a video tutorial on the steps. None of it is making sense to me.

I can't figure out for the life of me how to use this. Can some one post a video tutorial on the steps. None of it is making sense to me.
Yeah I've followed the steps to the letter and got all the resources. The most that happens is the geoshell lines change to a slight yellow, theres no light coming out of them like in the photos sadly. Id absolutely love to get this working

Oh man, I spent like an hour figuring out why this one wasn't working despite the instructions. I wanted to use this for Demi but when it came to loading the Geoshell Plugin in the Person's Plugin Preset, the log would get stuck in this 'Build Failed' loop that I had to reset the game.

I only got it working when I noticed that her top clothes were glowing for some reason and I did all the steps again but this time, she was completely naked except the Geoshell Clothing... AND IT WORKED! For some reason, some random clothes get the emissive treatment instead of the geoshell.

EDIT: Now there's conflict with Demi's eyes and buttons and getting it to work with the skin at the same time. Oh my God...

Last edited:
Yeah I've followed the steps to the letter and got all the resources. The most that happens is the geoshell lines change to a slight yellow, theres no light coming out of them like in the photos sadly. Id absolutely love to get this working

Same, it works but its barely noticable no matter how much I pump the alpha up

Is there a reason why there's no call to RegisterBool(originalColor) or is it just an oversight?

Is there a video on how to use this. I've been using VAM off an on for nearly a year now and feel like the instructions are kind of vague.

Back
Top Bottom