Reactions
Twitter
Jackaro18430787
Patreon
Jackaroo
Jackaroo submitted a new resource:

Genesis 8.1 Geoshell Uv's - A clothing object

Genesis 8.1 Geoshell imported as clothing

8.1 texture sets can now be used in VAM 1.xx. This means in most cases you can simply apply the maps to their appropriate slots in the clothing items material menus.

UV Tiles:
  • Arms
  • Legs
  • Neck
  • Face
  • Torso
In some cases normals are flipped in Daz--this is not the case with the flagship models Victoria and Michael, you can use these straight off (if you've purchased)...​

Read more about this resource...

How do I get the neck texture out of a Daz 8.1 character from Daz. The other textures torso, arms, legs come over but I don't see 'neck'

Jackaroo updated Genesis 8.1 Geoshell Uv's with a new update entry:

Please keep this in mind

While this allows us to use 8.1 textures ( and 3/8 with a little conversion to get the neck piece) Please keep in mind that you cannot share any copyright textures with your model--you can however, direct people to where they can purchase them if you want to release a setup that should contain said textures. This should be for personal use, for presets, or for artists who are making new skins with the 8.1 uv's.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Don't really see the point since G 8.1 textures can't be shared at the hub or sold at patreon due to copyright and licensing.
There are many uses. Texture Artists in this community can now start releasing 8.1 skins they have painted in order to get a head start on vam 2.xx. People can also use this to create a preset character and direct people to the textures they will need to obtain themselves, or people can use this for personal use. Not everything needs to be designed for share and sell, but it can also be used for that as well. I would say most of the skins people use in this community were done by people in the community, and not necessarily from daz or daz pa's at all. Vam itself has slots for custom skin import,...its really the same thing as this geoshell. People should not share copyright textures in either instance.

Last edited:
Hey othersprite. This is a geoshell ( as clothing in vam) to use genesis 8.1 (most recent generation of genesis) textures on our current models in Vam. Vam currently uses genesis 2 UV's and textures.

It's the first time I hear about Nvidia texture tools as an approach to convert bump to normal. Do you have any suggestion about the best settings to use to obtain the best results?

It's the first time I hear about Nvidia texture tools as an approach to convert bump to normal. Do you have any suggestion about the best settings to use to obtain the best results?
I think i usually use 3x3 and 7 scaling. There are a ton of programs to do this, but i find the looks of nvidias texture tools looks best to me.

Hello Jackaroo , first thanks for this plugin !

Is it possible to add more than one slot for one part of the body ? I think it 'll be great :)

Is it possible to fix this glitch when combining with bodyhair fibermesh? I'm essentially using the shell as bodyhair layer so i can save some frames by using as replacement for bodyhair fibermesh for the whole body but i find some pubic hair still necessary or it looks too weird. The problem is that i get this little alpha glitch between the shell and pubic hair:

On the first image i added some offset to the shell bcs it clips with some parts of my body and it reproduces the alpha glitch.
On second image the shell is tight fit to the body with the downside of some clipping spots unfortunately
1685483627953.png

1685483746940.png

Jackaroo, thank you so much for this revelation, it's simply superb.

Last edited:
Is it possible to fix this glitch when combining with bodyhair fibermesh? I'm essentially using the shell as bodyhair layer so i can save some frames by using as replacement for bodyhair fibermesh for the whole body but i find some pubic hair still necessary or it looks too weird. The problem is that i get this little alpha glitch between the shell and pubic hair:

On the first image i added some offset to the shell bcs it clips with some parts of my body and it reproduces the alpha glitch.
On second image the shell is tight fit to the body with the downside of some clipping spots unfortunately
View attachment 251215
View attachment 251217

So yeah offset works, but you could also try changing your main menu smoothing itterations, could would be worth it to try the tesselation plugin ( if not using already) and see if it will smooth the g2 geometry enough for it to sit nicely underneath the G8 clothing shell.

Hello Jackaroo , first thanks for this plugin !

Is it possible to add more than one slot for one part of the body ? I think it 'll be great :)

You could do this by stacking multiple instances of the clothing shell, (duplicates of the clothing item), but it could get complicated and would be limited to what you can do, as you'll have to play with the render layer settings to make sure the layer is rendered in the right "position".

So yeah offset works, but you could also try changing your main menu smoothing itterations, could would be worth it to try the tesselation plugin ( if not using already) and see if it will smooth the g2 geometry enough for it to sit nicely underneath the G8 clothing shell.

i tried tessellation it didnt seem to do anything :/. Also i have smooth passes set to max. As you can see there lots of clipping
1688772403596.png

Is there any chance to make the female geoshell use the male uv? i wanted to use a specific male texture on female geoshell to be more precise, but there some seams due to incompatible UV.

Back
Top Bottom