Question Genesis 3/Genesis 8 to Genesis 2

JavierTheOne

Reactions
Twitter
JavierTheOneSFM
Patreon
JavierTheOne
Hello, I have started with Virt a mate quite recently. I am still learning how to use the program by watching tutorials on Youtube. I have been using DAZ Studio to make my own models, images and renders. And I have seen that it uses genesis 2 models. I was wondering if there is any way or same with a program to pass models or textures from genesis 3 or genesis 8 to genesis 2.

Read through this thread. It has what you need. The model transfer is one thing, the textures are another. The Daz Map Transfer function can be used to remap textures to G2, but you can't share those. I prefer to transfer the model shape, then use some textures available on the Vam hub. I find that G3 is a little easier to transfer than G8.

Upvote 0
This is exactly the ordeal I'm facing at the moment. I have a beautiful Genesis 8 character I've been using over a year in DAZ, commissioned from a really good artist. I would LOVE this character in VAM. VAM 2.0 seems years away, if it ever comes out at all. So I'd like this G8 character in the current VAM, but it looks like a complicated process. I could give it a try, or pay the artist to do a conversion to Genesis 2 himself...

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom