Feedback on proposed Paid content submission procedures.

👋I'm hoping for a little help please, I've tried a few times to post my resource but I keep getting this error message ( I did refresh and reupload but no luck.)
"Duplicate filenames detected. Each attachment must have a unique name." that is preventing me from posting.

I have used the same file naming convention for a few years and haven't had any issue uploading .var with the new scan system until this one😊
View attachment 337146
The only place I can see that has "Duplicate filenames" are in the image attachment section, which probably has nothing to do with the .var attachment/scan section error (as I have upload similar .jpg naming convention to previous resources with no issues.)
View attachment 337264

Unfortunately yes, the duplicate filename screening is site-wide, and includes images. This is probably causing the error you're seeing. We'll see if we can tweak it on the next update.

In testing, it looks like this only occurs on paid resources, but I have confirmed it is related to the images.
Ok thank you! 💗 This has never happened before with the new .var scan system, did something change in the past week or so?

This is from my Last Paid resource and it upload with no issue:
1708433585762.png

UPDATE: Thankyou for confirming it is the images, I deleted them and replaced! 🥳

Last edited:
Ok thank you! 💗 This has never happened before with the new .var scan system, did something change in the past week or so?

This is from my Last Paid resource and it upload with no issue:
View attachment 337315

UPDATE: Thankyou for confirming it is the images, I deleted them and replaced! 🥳

Yes, our update yesterday fixed several bugs. Notes are in the #hub-feedback channel on Discord. We also added a duplicate file validation to prevent accidental duplicate file uploads.

I am still confused about whether NC dependency can be used in paid-scenes. My understanding is that none of those can be used or included in VAR unless you get explicit permission from the creators is that right?

For example, this scene here: https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/extramarital-sex.43490/

It has a couple NC dependencies in the credit list and also in the screenshots, is this allowed? (as long as they are listed in credit section) Please clarify, thank you!!
It cannot be used without written permission. Part of our duty as moderators is to try to enforce this policy. We rely on the community to help us by submitting reports. If you feel the resource you linked is violating our policies on NC content, please report it.

Greetings,

I’m a videomaker and I state that I’m not interested in selling scenes files (.var) made with VAM, but in publishing and sell videos made with VAM.

The videos will be published on various platforms and I would like to provide a form of certification of authenticity of the videos to avoid running into copyright problems where any Content Creator could mistakenly say that a certain content is under his license.

This would result in an immediate removal of my videos and then going to dispute the complaint.

So I would be very happy with a tool that somehow certifies the authenticity of the video and can provide this report to the sites managers.
Can I make a post with informations about new video here in the site(inserting the var file generated to create the video), and put link to esternal sites?

Tips for managing NC or ND licenses

Obviously there is a database with the association between Content Creator and object created with the relative license level.

A database table should be added where the creators authorized to use these objects covered by restrictive licenses are indicated.

This table must be able to be managed directly by the license owner so that it is not necessary to produce approval documentation except outside the platform.

In this way the creator will automatically have an NC object available if authorized on the database.

This would allow the License control software in the Var files to autonomously understand whether the object under the restrictive license can be used by the creator who inserted it into the scene.

Starting from this configuration it could also be possible to carry out requests between creators in a more streamlined and faster way through the platform itself without having to go through communication channels external to VAM.

May be I’m totally wrong.

I used this method for a App a developed by myself.

Greetings,

I’m a videomaker and I state that I’m not interested in selling scenes files (.var) made with VAM, but in publishing and sell videos made with VAM.

The videos will be published on various platforms and I would like to provide a form of certification of authenticity of the videos to avoid running into copyright problems where any Content Creator could mistakenly say that a certain content is under his license.

This would result in an immediate removal of my videos and then going to dispute the complaint.

So I would be very happy with a tool that somehow certifies the authenticity of the video and can provide this report to the sites managers.
Can I make a post with informations about new video here in the site(inserting the var file generated to create the video), and put link to esternal sites?

Tips for managing NC or ND licenses

Obviously there is a database with the association between Content Creator and object created with the relative license level.

A database table should be added where the creators authorized to use these objects covered by restrictive licenses are indicated.

This table must be able to be managed directly by the license owner so that it is not necessary to produce approval documentation except outside the platform.

In this way the creator will automatically have an NC object available if authorized on the database.

This would allow the License control software in the Var files to autonomously understand whether the object under the restrictive license can be used by the creator who inserted it into the scene.

Starting from this configuration it could also be possible to carry out requests between creators in a more streamlined and faster way through the platform itself without having to go through communication channels external to VAM.

May be I’m totally wrong.

I used this method for a App a developed by myself.
There is no situation where an 'NC' licensed asset can be used "by anyone". The purpose and point of the non-commercial license is to prevent people from doing exactly what you suggest, for example creating video content without the written consent of the original content author.

If you wish to make video content it cannot include NC or PC Content without specific written consent from the original creator.

There is no situation where an 'NC' licensed asset can be used "by anyone". The purpose and point of the non-commercial license is to prevent people from doing exactly what you suggest, for example creating video content without the written consent of the original content author.

If you wish to make video content it cannot include NC or PC Content without specific written consent from the original creator.
I didn't explain correctly my thinking. (I'm not english)
I don't want the NC license asset to be used by anyone. No way.
I suggest a system that manage the use of authorized NC Assets.
An example.
I speak with a Creator about the use of a NC Asset to get the permission to use it.
The Creator tell me "OK no problem".
The creator goes on VAM go to the ipotetic licence manager of his assets, select the asset and add the account of the creator he want to authorize.
In that way when I login on VAM, I can see the asset as authorized to be used on my work.
But if there is just a temporary authorization or just for a specific work, this solution is not good or must be developed better.

You don't answer my question
"So I would be very happy with a tool that somehow certifies the authenticity of the video and can provide this report to the sites managers.
Can I make a post with informations about new video here in the site(inserting the var file generated to create the video), and put link to esternal sites?"

I didn't explain correctly my thinking. (I'm not english)
I don't want the NC license asset to be used by anyone. No way.
I suggest a system that manage the use of authorized NC Assets.
An example.
I speak with a Creator about the use of a NC Asset to get the permission to use it.
The Creator tell me "OK no problem".
The creator goes on VAM go to the ipotetic licence manager of his assets, select the asset and add the account of the creator he want to authorize.
In that way when I login on VAM, I can see the asset as authorized to be used on my work.
But if there is just a temporary authorization or just for a specific work, this solution is not good or must be developed better.

You don't answer my question
"So I would be very happy with a tool that somehow certifies the authenticity of the video and can provide this report to the sites managers.
Can I make a post with informations about new video here in the site(inserting the var file generated to create the video), and put link to esternal sites?"
We don't allow advertising of video content on the Hub, so unfortunately no in answer to the question about making a post linking to the video. Are your videos on the other sites free? Or are you selling them? If the video is free then why not use it in the description of your scene? If the video is commercial and people must pay to subscribe, then you cannot advertise it here.

Our policy on use of NC content "with permission" is that we may request that you provide proof of written permission from the creator. We take this very seriously and our administrative team would not accept a plugin, app, or table to verify that you have permission. You would still need to provide our team with proof of written permission from the original creator.

If you need a way to keep track of your own permissions, we would suggest that you save screenshots of all of your written communications with various creators, and take notes about the specific type of permission they have granted to you. This way, if the Hub administrative team requests you to provide proof, you can check your notes and provide us with the written proof.

We don't allow advertising of video content on the Hub, so unfortunately no in answer to the question about making a post linking to the video. Are your videos on the other sites free? Or are you selling them? If the video is free then why not use it in the description of your scene? If the video is commercial and people must pay to subscribe, then you cannot advertise it here.

Our policy on use of NC content "with permission" is that we may request that you provide proof of written permission from the creator. We take this very seriously and our administrative team would not accept a plugin, app, or table to verify that you have permission. You would still need to provide our team with proof of written permission from the original creator.

If you need a way to keep track of your own permissions, we would suggest that you save screenshots of all of your written communications with various creators, and take notes about the specific type of permission they have granted to you. This way, if the Hub administrative team requests you to provide proof, you can check your notes and provide us with the written proof.
I sell videos by subscription o directly.
I would like to use our VAR control system to give greater guarantee to the sites that host my videos.
This at least as far as the CC license issue is concerned.
For Copyright it's another issue where obviously I should be careful about creating scenes that could take inspiration from others that already exist, but which are still different.

As mentioned, I am not interested in selling VAR files.
But if I put a VAR file up for sale on Patreon or other platforms at an absurd price like $10k so no one would ever buy it, could I use your VAR file control procedure?

As far as CC licenses are concerned, I know well how it works and that written proof is needed.
Mine is a suggestion aimed at improving the service both for us creatives and for you managers.
If permission to use an NC asset is given via your (not third-party) platform by checking a box through a VAM certified tool indicating the terms of use, the problem creatives have in collect the various permissions both given and received is gone. All already available in the database that contains the licenses.
Bringing a significant advantage for everyone, both for the control of VAM files and for the creatives themselves.
This proposal to me does not serve to circumvent the rules, but serves to make the management of NC licenses extremely more precise and reliable and at the same time easier to use.
Probably I can't explain myself or it's too difficult to create a service like this.

So basically what you're saying is

1) it's inefficient that each creator has to separately ask for and keep track of the written permission to use a specific other creator's NC licensed var
2) it's inefficient that each creator has to separately respond to each such request instead of simply making it obvious to all (just like the license itself does for the permissions granted by the license)
3) the written permission is a weak form of proof for third parties since there's no established official terms of use (or custom license or whatever you might call it) to back it up.

I would agree on each count. The current system where VAM content is locked in to CC licenses (plus PC) is limiting, since the CC licenses themselves are limiting. Ideally VAM would offer additional licenses for vars that are more specific to the needs of VAM content creators. We've seen in this thread Poll: Reasons for using NC licenses that the most popular reasons for using NC are "I don't want anyone to lazily profit off of my resource by selling it on their own Patreon/site", and "I want modifications of my resource to be available for free as well", both of which can be achieved with CC BY-SA which prevents the license type from being changed, but still allows commercial use.

I sell videos by subscription o directly.
I would like to use our VAR control system to give greater guarantee to the sites that host my videos.
This at least as far as the CC license issue is concerned.
For Copyright it's another issue where obviously I should be careful about creating scenes that could take inspiration from others that already exist, but which are still different.

As mentioned, I am not interested in selling VAR files.
But if I put a VAR file up for sale on Patreon or other platforms at an absurd price like $10k so no one would ever buy it, could I use your VAR file control procedure?

As far as CC licenses are concerned, I know well how it works and that written proof is needed.
Mine is a suggestion aimed at improving the service both for us creatives and for you managers.
If permission to use an NC asset is given via your (not third-party) platform by checking a box through a VAM certified tool indicating the terms of use, the problem creatives have in collect the various permissions both given and received is gone. All already available in the database that contains the licenses.
Bringing a significant advantage for everyone, both for the control of VAM files and for the creatives themselves.
This proposal to me does not serve to circumvent the rules, but serves to make the management of NC licenses extremely more precise and reliable and at the same time easier to use.
Probably I can't explain myself or it's too difficult to create a service like this.
I use Vam to help create mock ups for storyboarding and posing concepts so I'm not totally sure if this method can work but I'm pretty sure this will help.
Before you look into recording or rendering your videos what you can do is after saving the scene/s, open the package builder and add the scene to it to export (note you're not exporting anything as you are just getting the needed information) and you should be able to see the licenses in the "reference license report". Make note of any content that you will have to remove and make the adjustments in your scenes. Also, since you don't want any NC assets in the content you create, then I would suggest you delete it to save any future headaches.

Back
Top Bottom