Black culture content

concerning skins only:
Technically 'white' skins / bright texture do have one advantage that makes them usable more universal:
You can always make a bright texture darker with the 'Skin Color'-picker in the [Skin Materials 1]-tab.
But you cannot do the opposite.

I tend to save [Skin Presets] and re-use them.
Taking a light skin texture and dialing it darker is not a good approach to a dark skin model. This washes out details the texture creator put into the skin, and it makes the palms and soles too dark. This is referred to as "diffuse tan" in the Daz world. It's not as good as a properly done dark skin texture, like the @Riddler skin 8 and the new 8c. Yes, you can push a skin texture a little darker, but if you go too far, you have a spray painted model that looks lousy, IMO.

Edit: and BTW, I did post my OC Sweetz on the hub after much dial cleaning.

@SlimerJSpud Yeah I know what you mean and could not agree more. It's bad practice and lower quality compared to a proper dark skin texture. Maybe should have added that. :unsure:

I saw this thread the other day and it stuck with me for some reason. I'm white and haven't made many black characters in my day. But I thought this was a good excuse to release my first look, and take a crack and making a black girl for VaM. It started as just "hey how would I do this if I were to try?" And ended up with me imagining a whole personality, story and look.

If you like, check my resources page and let me know what you thought. Thanks for the challenge.

I think it just boils down to there not being enough creators wanting to make these types of models. I don't think they have anything against making dark skinned models, maybe they just aren't thinking about it. I don't see anything wrong with this though, I think a creator should make what they want to make.

I'm from the US and of African decent as well and I see what you saying. I'm going to say some out of pocket stuff but for me I like dark skinned baddies with some ass and that look seems nowhere to be found here. Some modes just look like people of other nationalities with dark skin slapped on them.

Below are a couple custom models I tried making my own using a mixture of morphs mixture I've accumulated over time. It would be cool to see a better creators take on the "baddie" look. I use the "baddie" only because I can't think of any other way to describe it lol.

View attachment 222261 View attachment 222262
Do you ever plan to release the second girl? I love your first model!

I find this thread (and question) a little odd.

Even more so when I see your released resources being almost exclusively light/pale skinned women and one black man.

Why should others make it if not even you are willing to do it?

Back
Top Bottom