Feedback on proposed Paid content submission procedures.

Lets get back on topic. Thank you.

Updates and fixes to Var Health Check are now live. Please post here if you run into any issues or have questions.

A couple additional bugs were discovered thanks to @Farger . A fix has already been developed and hopefully will be pushed live within the next 24 hours.

The bug prevents updates to free resources without a version change, and it prevents editing of free resources if your resource is hosted off-site.

I do have a workaround in an emergency if you're comfortable using the browser inspector, I can walk you through it. Thanks for your patience! 💕

Who do I talk to about uploading a Paid Scene to the HUB? I have written permission to use the assets from the authors but the HUB is flagging it and saying I have to remove it. What's up?

1. Attempting to post an update without a version change for a paid resource is giving the "Please complete all required fields" notification and not allowing the form to be completed (fix completed)
It seems that there are problems with editing old paid posts; when editing, the old page layout is used, which lacks innovations (checkbox), respectively, it is impossible to complete editing.
*It is about editing, NOT updating post and version change. (to put it simply; I wanted to change screens)
hub1.gif

Last edited:
It seems that there are problems with editing old paid posts; when editing, the old page layout is used, which lacks innovations (checkbox), respectively, it is impossible to complete editing.
*It is about editing, NOT updating post and version change. (to put it simply; I wanted to change screens)
View attachment 326896
I had the same issue, than VL_13 but more problematic: I can't even do my Healh check do to updates, I don't know why :

Capture d'écran 2024-01-23 112228.png

Attachments

• Capture d'écran 2024-01-23 112228.png
    Capture d'écran 2024-01-23 112228.png
    109.8 KB · Views: 0
Who do I talk to about uploading a Paid Scene to the HUB? I have written permission to use the assets from the authors but the HUB is flagging it and saying I have to remove it. What's up?

Can you provide more information?

If the assets are "Questionable", "PC", or "MISSING" then the author cannot give permission to release in the free category and must update their license.

View attachment 326906
This bug is fixed as of now.

I had the same issue, than VL_13 but more problematic: I can't even do my Healh check do to updates, I don't know why :

View attachment 326905

This error usually has to do with how you packaged the .var. It's not a bug. Previously, if you uploaded a package that failed to unpack on the server, the system would save your resource anyway even though there would be errors with your dependencies and other issues. Now, it correctly gives you an error message if it can't unpack the .var.

In your case, you have a file in your var where the filename is too long. Filenames in .var packages cannot be longer than 100 characters. If you rename this file and re-pack your var, it will upload correctly.

My apologies, I see you were talking about the Paid category.

Still, "MISSING" or "Questionable" dependencies were never allowed in the Paid category, and now the system detects them automatically. Please contact the author and ask them to update their resource with the correct license.

Can you provide more information?

If the assets are "Questionable", "PC", or "MISSING" then the author cannot give permission to release in the free category and must update their license.
Its Questionable and I have been paying the creator to use these for a long time. They are not updating their license. I cannot remove them as they are an intergral part of the scene. There are also Missing ones which i have hosted or linked to the creator on my Patreon.

There needs to be a work around for this.

Its Questionable and I have been paying the creator to use these for a long time. They are not updating their license. I cannot remove them as they are an intergral part of the scene. There are also Missing ones which i have hosted or linked to the creator on my Patreon.

There needs to be a work around for this.

The issue isn't permission, the issue is that often those authors have hidden commercial content in their .var, or gotten parts of the .var from pirate websites, which is why the license says "Questionable" or "MISSING". If you aren't keeping track of where you got your content, this can happen.

It was already our policy that "Questionable" and "MISSING" are not allowed in Paid content, even before the health check was implemented. If you're unsure of the origin of your dependencies, or the original creator can't or won't verify whether their content meets licensing standards, then you won't be able to use that content as dependencies moving forward.

We will get back to you about a solution for this particular resource since you've already devoted so much time into it.

The issue isn't permission, the issue is that often those authors have hidden commercial content in their .var, or gotten parts of the .var from pirate websites, which is why the license says "Questionable" or "MISSING". If you aren't keeping track of where you got your content, this can happen.

It was already our policy that "Questionable" and "MISSING" are not allowed in Paid content, even before the health check was implemented. If you're unsure of the origin of your dependencies, or the original creator can't or won't verify whether their content meets licensing standards, then you won't be able to use that content as dependencies moving forward.

We will get back to you about a solution for this particular resource since you've already devoted so much time into it.
Ok. I appreciate it for this update. I will work on removing them for future releases.

Ok. I appreciate it for this update. I will work on removing them for future releases.
Update: The official decision is that we will allow "Questionable" or "MISSING" dependencies in Paid content but only if they are already hosted on the Hub and only if they are not from a banned creator.

We will release another update to Var Health Check which will ignore "Questionable" or "MISSING" dependencies if they are already hosted on the Hub. For any that came from outside the hub, they will still be prohibited.

Two saves were made seconds apart.

The scene has no paid NC or ND content in it. When trying to create a PC package it shows that it has.

Screenshot (1064).png

I managed to overcome it by simply saving again, and trying to create a package once more.

But what to do in case if it becomes always like that, showing that you have a bunch of paid content in your scene when you have none of it, is it allowed to upload such file ?

[Edit]
It was the SilverExpressionTool. Once it is using a certain emotion/morph, at that moment, if you saved, this happens.

Last edited:
My "WolfmanVR" PC dependency mods are showing up as creator "bigcat". I checked the creatorName in the Meta.JSON file and they are correct. Anyone else having this issue?

1706936479639.png

@VAMFantasy @atani @ispinox

In regards to the questions about updates. We hear you. The issue is that the "3 paid posts per week" rule may conflict with the "all Hub updates must be synced with your patreon updates". I would call this problem "fluid", and we will actively discuss ways we might modify things to ease the burden on creators.

Don't consider this an official statement, but personally I have spent a lot of time thinking about this. The "3 posts" rule exists because the default Paid category page is a list of resources sorted by most recent. If a creator spam-posts several Paid resources, they fill up the page and cause other creators' work to go unseen. I personally have thought the solution to this issue might be to restructure the default landing page for resources so that "most recent" is not the primary, or only, way that the resources are displayed. If that were the case, we could probably retire the "3 posts" rule.

In the meantime, while we are working on a solution, we ask that you please bear with us and plan your updates strategically. We will address this issue in some way before or soon after release of the new Paid submission form.
honestly I think the default view and design of the in-game browser needs a change. is there any way you could get a UI update of the in-game resource browser without it being an absolutely tectonic project? I build websites and do UI/UX, i'd love to chat sometime about the user interface and potential ways to improve it.

Two saves were made seconds apart.

The scene has no paid NC or ND content in it. When trying to create a PC package it shows that it has.

View attachment 328987

I managed to overcome it by simply saving again, and trying to create a package once more.

But what to do in case if it becomes always like that, showing that you have a bunch of paid content in your scene when you have none of it, is it allowed to upload such file ?

[Edit]
It was the SilverExpressionTool. Once it is using a certain emotion/morph, at that moment, if you saved, this happens.

You seemed to have answered your own question, but if a plugin uses a morph (timeline, logic bricks, expression tool, etc) then that morph becomes part of your dependencies.

Try the Var Inspector to determine where these dependencies are in your scene.

honestly I think the default view and design of the in-game browser needs a change. is there any way you could get a UI update of the in-game resource browser without it being an absolutely tectonic project? I build websites and do UI/UX, i'd love to chat sometime about the user interface and potential ways to improve it.
There is a version freeze on VaM 1.x while we focus on VaM 2 development.

@AshAuryn - And idea what is causing my issue above? Thanks.
As best as I can tell, it looks like something weird happened back in 2021 when you originally posted the Tisha Model resource. At exactly the same time, bigcat posted "Pricess Bubble Yum Rework".
In the database, your version 1 of Tisha Model has the username "bigcat" and the title "Pricess Bubble Yum Rework" attached to it.
With your permission, I would like to delete the very first version of Tisha Model, and see if that fixes the issue.

👋I'm hoping for a little help please, I've tried a few times to post my resource but I keep getting this error message ( I did refresh and reupload but no luck.)
"Duplicate filenames detected. Each attachment must have a unique name." that is preventing me from posting.

I have used the same file naming convention for a few years and haven't had any issue uploading .var with the new scan system until this one😊
duplicates.PNG

The only place I can see that has "Duplicate filenames" are in the image attachment section, which probably has nothing to do with the .var attachment/scan section error (as I have upload similar .jpg naming convention to previous resources with no issues.)
presets.PNG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom