• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Question Editing an old scene of mine without the original Var file?

tom.ace1776

Reactions
I decided to download VAM again and start editing an old scene I made, the "build-a-bot" scene.

I downloaded the scene off the hub and downloaded the relevant dependencies. I do not have the original VAR file.

I am trying to add new clothing presets to some of the UI buttons but whenever I save it, the buttons reset to the original settings without the new clothing presets I made.

I have a feeling this will happen with any new preset I make including UI presets etc...

Any idea what is going on here or how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

The var on the hub IS the original var. Maybe what you mean is you don't have the original scene file. Did you save a local copy of the scene? If you open it from the var you downloaded, then save the scene, you have a local copy you should be able to save changes in.

Excessive dependencies are usually a result of using something from some other scene, so Vam pulls in the whole scene. With hair and clothes especially, always use the version from the original creator of those assets, not something from some action scene that pulls in a ton of junk.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom