• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Question How to load appearance preset/plugins without breaking existing scene plugins?

Endlessdescent

Reactions
Sorry this is a newb question.
How do I load an appearance preset into a character in a scene and keep the plugins I want while also keeping plugins from the scene author?

For example, I load up "Beach fun scene" by Author, and replace their figure with my premade character look. Now I have to load up each of my own plugins I also want on that character such as "Sub Surface Scattering" & "Silver Kiss" then configure each new plugin -every time-. If I load my preset with plugins locked, it overrides the scene author's plugins, thus breaking the scene.

Is there a way to load my look preset with custom plugins already added and keep the scene author plugins too?

A appearance preset does not change any plugins as you can see from this table:

I see you mentioning two types of presets, appearance and look. ALWAYS use a appearance preset (app preset tab) and essentially NEVER a look preset (Control & Physics 1). Regardless, neither changes your plugins, altough a look preset changes the atom's name which can break some plugins relying on the atom name.

Upvote 0
A appearance preset does not change any plugins as you can see from this table:

I see you mentioning two types of presets, appearance and look. ALWAYS use a appearance preset (app preset tab) and essentially NEVER a look preset (Control & Physics 1). Regardless, neither changes your plugins, altough a look preset changes the atom's name which can break some plugins relying on the atom name.
Thank you, I didn't realize there was a difference at first. Still getting used to the program.
Is there a way to load all my desired plugins using a "plugin preset" without needing to configure them each time? Or would this overwrite the necessary plugins for a premade scene?

Upvote 0
You can merge load a plugin preset (of any kind) which will add plugins that are not present and overwrite if existing.
A merge load will overwrite an existing plugin of the same name? That means doing a merge load of a Timeline animation will overwrite an existing Timeline?

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom