Question How to load plugins with "enabled" box unchecked?

Reactions
Some plugins, like "E-motions" will immediately change the poses of the character immediately upon loading and it seems to me that the new expressions it creates, like making the eyes open much wider, can not be restored to default with one button (please let me know if there is a way).

Is there a way to load a plugin without making it "enabled" by default, so that I can adjust the parameters before I enable it?

I would say:
  1. If its your own plugin, you can make it disable itself in its init function.
  2. Otherwise you could save it as disabled in a plugin preset (obviously a plugin preset contains ALL the plugins on that atom)
  3. Manually messing with the scene JSON, not recommended and certainly not a one-button solution you asked for :D

Upvote 0
Nevertheless, it is a pain in the ass if plugins (and poses) changing facial expressions and this will not be resettet when closing the plugin. I don't like to use those plugins anymore. I think those are maybe using expression-morphs that are not labeled as poses (and therefore will not be resettet by simply resetting the pose). If your custom figure uses many morphs you have to search through all of them to find those changes, or discard every changes you made and reload the figure. I think it is a legal complain from the OP.

Upvote 0
Yes I found this to be annoying as well. However if you disable the plugin, save your scene and then do a hard reset and load the scene again, the emotion expressions will be gone and the character "back to normal".

Upvote 0
Yes I found this to be annoying as well. However if you disable the plugin, save your scene and then do a hard reset and load the scene again, the emotion expressions will be gone and the character "back to normal".

Unfortunately there are even some few (but at that time very popular) plugins where a hard reset would not help. I maybe think a hard reset will not do much more to the pose than a pose-reset would do, too. But those plugins don't use poses for the emotions but morphs. If you save your scene with this activated, this will stay for the look in the scene. Been there, done that. It is a good strategy to save your precious custom looks in development as appearance preset (not as look) after each iteration before using plugins and make sure not to overwrite the last one while those plugins are activated. ;) With this you can reload the look most time without breaking the scene.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom