Question Does VAM have an API? If so where's the documentation. If not... read on

Codepwned

Reactions
I've seen projects connecting custom sex toys and raspberry pi devices but it's been high level and information pretty sparse. If VAM has an API, I can't find any official documentation.

There are several toys for men and women out there now that could really benefit by being able to connect to VAM and many of them already have existing API protocols. I know the challenge will be handling communication between <TOY> and <VAM> but without an official communication API for VAM, this isn't realistic. However if a standard set of API's are developed for outgoing data... it could really open the doors for third parties to do some amazing things with existing tech.

It would still require third party software to integrate VAM and TOYS but that could become community project that VAM could stand behind. Many toy creators have expressed interest in connecting to VAM without the need of a third party but not without an official API.

Way down the line the API could be improved to accept input data but I realize that requires a tremendous amount of work on VAM's part to make happen.

No clue where to start this discussion other than here since it's not something you can request of the community.

• There is no proper documentation worth mentioning. However, you can use ILSpy decompiler to open VaM_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll, it contains VaM's source code. Source code is always the best documentation, because it does not lie. https://github.com/icsharpcode/ILSpy/releases
  • Regarding connecting to toys and stuff there have been various efforts:

Upvote 0
Thanks for letting me know about the current state of VAM connectivity. My goal here was to really bring attention to the need for an officially supported API.

*laughs*. I did see the buttplug.io library and the name gave me a good laugh. Unfortunately this is a bit out of my currently skillset (web/databases). I'm also not comfortable going "under the hood" to things that could change without warning. If VAM had an officially supported API... then all the heavy lifting converting VAM to <insert toy> could be handled by the community, or even the toy manufacturer.

Oh well!

Upvote 0
My understanding is that VAM 2.x will have an API. 2.x is under development, but there's no official estimate for when the first version will come out, much less when the API would become available.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom