• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Question Does this quest 2 passthrough trick still work ?

Virtyourmate

Reactions
Website
hub.virtamate.com

Does this quest 2 passthrough trick still work ?

In this guide they show it working simply by turning off guardian via dev mode while on the boundary line in stationary mode. But when I tried it recently ..it did not work. All i get is a bloody annoying blue circle breaking any and all immersion 24/7 lol

Any ideas if this works or can be hacked etc? Or why META would remove it ? etc,

Thanks ;-D

feefw.png

Here's another update: I recently was able to recompile ALXR and change the color that gets turned to passthrough from black to green! Here are new instructions to download the modified APK as well as use the background color changer plugin:

1. Install and run the ALVR server code on your PC that you're running VaM on
https://github.com/alvr-org/ALVR/releases/download/v18.2.3/ALVR_Installer_v18.2.3.exe

2. Sideload the attached ALXR apk to your Oculus Quest 2 -- this uses green for passthrough instead of black (also attached to this post if you can't download):

3. Make sure you've downloaded the camera background color changer plugin:

https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/camera-background-color.24185/download

4. On your PC, launch VaM

5. Once you're in VaM, use the Left Menu + Right B button combination.

Hello Boss,
Your work is doing awesome! btw, I could only use the Right A button for the blend function,
The Left+ Right B button only leads me to the Steam menu,
how do you solve that? is there a main discussion for the latest update on this?
I'm using Quest 2 + PC + ALVRv18.2.3.exe,
thanks!

Upvote 0
Thx for this guide Pbpjan15.

So easy to set up just installing the quest apk with for example sidequest and starting the server :) quest app afterwards and VAM.

I am still having issues with parts of the hair dissapearing or getting transparent even in latest version.
It is not only with black hair. Noticed it also has to do with scene lightning how much it is an not beside the shadow functions.

But overall very happy with it. Especially that using it with VAM you can set up Mixed Reality scenes and they are exactly loaded where you saved them. That does not work with Captain Hardcore Quest APK as a example although the CH Version has all passthrough built in the game apk.

Getting the Pico 4 next week so i will sure test it also in full colour passthrough with the pico apk.

Work with PICO 4??

Upvote 0
Guys whats your ALVR VIDEO settings for best quality?

I've RTX 2080 ti and Ryzen 9 5950x

Upvote 0
Tried to install both the latest ALVR v19.0.0 and the alvr_client_quest.apk
entered into VAM, but with no luck hitting the left menu + Right B get nothing...
any idea?
Any luck on which buttons to click, nothing works to get into pass thru

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi ! Thanks for this stuff is realy nice !

Is there a way to render only casting shadow to a object ?
Cause if we can keep the shadow's model on the ground it will be more integrated for MR ! :)

Upvote 0
Any luck on which buttons to click, nothing works to get into pass thru
Hi,
I don't quite remember what I tried to make it work,
some tips here :
I found ALVR (PC end) only works with ALVR_Installer_v18.2.3,
do not install v19 or higher (at least that doesn't work on my side)
the last ALXR client apk I installed into quest 2 was alxr-client-quest_nightly_1126.apk,
(but I have no memory whether it is the one I'm now using)
*quest end should be AL"X"R, AL"V"R won't let you access the passthrough mode.
Hope it helps.

Upvote 0
When I run the alxr on my headset, it does nothing. I get this greenish empty room screen. The instructions said it would take me to steamvr, but nothing is happening.

I tried to run VAM anyways, but when I have the ALXR server client open, it wont let me load VAM in VR. Is this even working?

I followed Pbpjan15 instructions. And I downloaded the ALXR sideload green screen version of the file.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
When I run the alxr on my headset, it does nothing. I get this greenish empty room screen. The instructions said it would take me to steamvr, but nothing is happening.

I tried to run VAM anyways, but when I have the ALXR server client open, it wont let me load VAM in VR. Is this even working?

I followed Pbpjan15 instructions. And I downloaded the ALXR sideload green screen version of the file.
Did you trust the quest in the desktop AVLR software

Upvote 0
OK I installed the ALXR sideload from 11/19, and trusted my quest...I had not done that. But it is still doing the same thing.

Is there a version of vam I'm supposed to be using. I downloaded today and just updated to latest version.

FYI I am able to load into VR if ALVR is not started on PC.

I think I'm going to try and reinstall ALVR.

BTW thank you @Matt for your reply.

Upvote 0
1677535910521.png

Should look like this with PC ALVR and app inside quest running

Attachments

• 1677535860604.png
    1677535860604.png
    152.4 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Oh my god. Well I didn't have my PC connected to wifi. I had originally manually added the quest with Trusted clients. When I connected to WiFi, the quest was detected as a new client, and everything runs.

About the buttons not working, I see what you mean. But I accidentally messed up the default scene, so I reloaded the default scene. And holding menu, and pressing B worked. And I can see the green outline on the character.

Upvote 0
Here's another update: I recently was able to recompile ALXR and change the color that gets turned to passthrough from black to green! Here are new instructions to download the modified APK as well as use the background color changer plugin:

1. Install and run the ALVR server code on your PC that you're running VaM on
https://github.com/alvr-org/ALVR/releases/download/v18.2.3/ALVR_Installer_v18.2.3.exe

2. Sideload the attached ALXR apk to your Oculus Quest 2 -- this uses green for passthrough instead of black (also attached to this post if you can't download):

3. Make sure you've downloaded the camera background color changer plugin:

https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/camera-background-color.24185/download

4. On your PC, launch VaM

5. Once you're in VaM, use the Left Menu + Right B button combination.

6. Now add the background color changer plugin as a Scene plugin and set it to a shade of green that you'd like to use for passthrough.

This will fill in the green areas with passthrough and make the model look like she's in your room. You can also try Left Menu + Right A button which will blend both and make her appear like a ghost.

Note: You may need to adjust the exact shade of green you're using to prevent the model from having too much of a green outline. Unfortunately some green outline is unavoidable due to using this method but it can almost eliminated. Have fun!

Upvote 0
What do you mean by
Left Menu + Right B button combination.
Left Menu + Right A button , I am using Oculus controller and this doesnt do anything but bring the Vam UI interface up.
Am I missing something ?

Upvote 0
hey all, long time lurker but figured i wouuld give some input on a new discovery, I know some are using the quest pro and alxr with the green screen mod. i found if you disable any other lights in you scene and then use the male dummy feature you can use the same green screen color on the dummy for a simulates oclusion...works fine but take some tweaking, scale players junk to you junk and yours will apear between her lovely tits.

Attachments

• 1678645747.jpg
    1678645747.jpg
    425.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 1678645768.jpg
    1678645768.jpg
    773.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom