Question Difference between DAZ3D Genesis 2 male and female - convert female model to male

mrmr32

Reactions
Website
github.com
Patreon
mrmr32
I am aware that Genesis 2 male and female are very different, but I want to know exactly what are the differences and how they differ (the objective is to make an automatic un-supervised process).

My initial approach was "well, at the end they both are just a bunch of polygons so just by projecting the old vertices into the new model should do the trick", but then after searching in some previous questions[1,2] @TToby pointed out the difference in UV-maps.

Let's say I am able to take a model with its applied morphs, and turn that into offsets of the other sex model's vertices. What else should I have to change in order to make (almost) a clone in the other gender? Examples of each gender in order to compare would be helpful.
For now let's put aside the genitalia problem.

As they have exactly the same number of vertices, you can actually make a perfect clone. After changing the positions of the vertices (which is easy, as there are clones available for G2), all you need to do is convert the textures from one to fit the UV of the other. You start this process by right-clicking on the surface tab and then clicking on map transfer. Look on YouTube for something like daz texture transfer/convert, you will find a tutorial on it.

You will need the UV of the counterpart. For this, IIRC, just copy the UV from the male folder to the female folder or vice versa (this works because they have the same number of vertices, and the vertices/polys are in the same order)

Edit: If your goal is not to bring it to VAM, you can use the UV of the other on DAZ, then just use the texture of the other (no need for texture conversion).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As they have exactly the same number of vertices, you can actually make a perfect clone.
I'm a bit lost here... There's forums where they point the difference between G2 male and G2 female polygon count. Where did you get that information?

all you need to do is convert the textures from one to fit the UV of the other. You start this process by right-clicking on the surface tab and then clicking on map transfer. Look on YouTube for something like daz texture transfer/convert, you will find a tutorial on it.
I'll have to go into more detail in this step, as what I want is to change the model in-game (without using DAZ).

Upvote 0
I'm a bit lost here... There's forums where they point the difference between G2 male and G2 female polygon count. Where did you get that information?
Open DAZ and click on Scene Info tab. You can see the number of vertices there (21556 in both).

I'll have to go into more detail in this step, as what I want is to change the model in-game (without using DAZ).

Check out the tutorial in the guides section on how to make a futa. There's already a morph to make the male take on the shape of the female. I suspect there's a morph to do the opposite as well. However, to use the textures of the other gender, you'll have to change the UV of the model, which isn't difficult but you'll need to know how to code (also, you can't save the change to an appearance preset since the uv is not stored on the vap file?) (but maybe there's a way that I'm not aware of, I'm kind of new to VAM).

Maybe you could convert the textures from within VAM. I know that this is possible in Unity (not simple to code that though), but I do not know if it is possible in VAM (for security reasons, part of the c# API has restricted access in VAM)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Check out the tutorial in the guides section on how to make a futa. There's already a morph to make the male take on the shape of the female. I suspect there's a morph to do the opposite as well. However, to use the textures of the other gender, you'll have to change the UV of the model, which isn't difficult but you'll need to know how to code (also, you can't save the change to an appearance preset since the uv is not stored on the vap file?)
I'll take a look at the tutorial, thanks.
Don't worry on the programming part ;) Also, should be possible to create a vam file in-game (at the end it's just a zip file), and there's ways to bypass VAM security (using sockets).

Upvote 0
I was browsing the Hub and by chance stumbled upon an item that could help you with the UV issue (you can use a similar method). This is probably the best way to handle the problem. You can take a look at the scripts and see how he did it

Upvote 0
You can take a look at the scripts and see how he did it
I think he reference a DAZ3D post where they apply the transformation inside the program, so no luck there.

Yesterday I was doing some more research and I think I have everything I need to start.
The first key is the resource "Female to Futa Model Conversion Guide", where they show the morph 'MVR_G2Female' that does something similar to what I was about to make. After that I've faced the textures issue.
After some deep search I've found this post, where they attach the UDIM UV sets for both male and female. Essentially, that file contains the x-y coordinate where to take the texture for one atom vertex. With that, I should be able to wrap the texture to the new expected vertices.
Here's the comparison for one of the textures:
1675174059676.png

Before I finish, I have a doubt about UV vertices: yesterday I read in one post that different base models have different UV maps (but with small difference). Anyone that has worked with those can confirm? Where can I find the UDIM UV sets for those?

Thanks for all the support.

Upvote 0
Before I finish, I have a doubt about UV vertices: yesterday I read in one post that different base models have different UV maps (but with small difference). Anyone that has worked with those can confirm? Where can I find the UDIM UV sets for those?

Yes, some base models have different UVs. (I'm not sure if all of them do). But in some cases the difference is so small I think you can get away with it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have updates for this.
I've successfully converted a female UV texture into a male one. Listen, it may take 20 seconds to generate the output, and it may look slightly like sh*t, but I think it's going in the right direction.

Here I have a male with the in-game transformed textures (and for comparison you have at the right what happends if you set directly a female texture on a male atom):
male.JPG
male-direct.JPG

For reference, I used the Ela texture:
female.JPG

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom