Question convert female clothes to male/futa ?

orimesh

Reactions
is it already an option into Vam or do i need some kind of software to do it ? if yes what is hte way to do it ?

Due to the way clothing/the clothing importer works, it is not possible to simple switch clothing between M/F.
Those clothes are wrapped around and imported for a certain figure.The meshes for Female and Male figures are too much different.
The official way would be to ask the creator to import a male version, too.
The creator has to use the tool "DAZ3d", fit the clothing meshes he had created to a male figure, and re-import it into VaM with all settings and stuff. It is somewhat time consumpting, so he might not want to do that.
Though, maybe there might be a fancy secret trick to do this I don't know... but if there would be one, it isn't well know.

Upvote 0
Due to the way clothing/the clothing importer works, it is not possible to simple switch clothing between M/F.
Those clothes are wrapped around and imported for a certain figure.The meshes for Female and Male figures are too much different.
The official way would be to ask the creator to import a male version, too.
The creator has to use the tool "DAZ3d", fit the clothing meshes he had created to a male figure, and re-import it into VaM with all settings and stuff. It is somewhat time consumpting, so he might not want to do that.
Though, maybe there might be a fancy secret trick to do this I don't know... but if there would be one, it isn't well know.

I'm completely ignorant to this but why is it difficult? After all a figure image is just that isnt it? Just a different shape.
Obviously it must be more than that

Upvote 0
I'm completely ignorant to this but why is it difficult? After all a figure image is just that isnt it? Just a different shape.
Obviously it must be more than that
It is like I said. Male and female are two complete different meshes, not only a different shape.
Male/Female are completely devided in DAZ3D/VaM... they have their own skin textures, own UV maps, own clothes, own hair, own morphes... It is very difficult to change things between them. With morphs, MeshedVR has somehow found a solution... But for clothes there is only the way to use DAZ3D with some additional plugins for conversion. Because you can't simply use an imported piece of clothes from VaM back in DAZ, you will need the original files. Only the creator has this files and could make a conversion in DAZ3D... maybe you could somhow rip the meshes from the VaM files, too ... but nevertheless, the conversion takes some time for every single piece of clothing. Not every creator wants to do this. IMHO this is very understandable.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom