Cue

via5

Reactions
via5 submitted a new resource:

Cue - Animations, moods, excitement, breathing, body temperature and gaze.

Intro
Cue is a large plugin with two main purposes:
  1. Make characters react to things: It has moods, excitement, breathing, body temperature and a gaze system.
  2. Reduce the number of interactions with the UI: It will show a menu attached to a VR hand with actions, usable with one hand.
Cue is meant to be retrofitted in already existing scenes: add the plugin preset to all characters and add Cue itself on one character. It will take care of the rest...

Read more about this resource...

This is a pretty awesome plugin, it takes a lot of hard work out of VAM and introduces some much needed randomization. I have two qestions:

1. Can you change where an Atom is looking? I've been into Gaze and made sure their target is the Player, but they keep staring at a random point off to the side.
2. Are you able to adjust the Female Thrust motion so that it's more up/down rather than in/out?

Sorry about not replying, I didn't get a notification that something was posted in the discussion section.

> Can you change where an Atom is looking? I've been into Gaze and made sure their target is the Player, but they keep staring at a random point off to the side.

A character in a scene will look around randomly when the scene is considered idle (the excited mood of all characters is 0) and when nobody is inside their personal space. I suggest you heat things up a bit.

If you're talking about setting the `LookAt Atom` option in MG's Gaze, it's not meant to be changed. Cue takes over the eye position, VaM's lookat setting and Gaze, and there's not much you can do about it. If you enable dev mode and go into the atom's tab, then AI, then Gaze, there's a list at the bottom where you can force looking at the camera, but that's really just for debugging.

> Are you able to adjust the Female Thrust motion so that it's more up/down rather than in/out?

The thrust direction changes depending on whether the animation is frottage or penetration. I suspect you're getting the frottage animation, which is a back and forth motion, instead of penetration. Make sure you move the body parts so that there is a clear penetration _before_ starting the the thrust animation.

Sorry about not replying, I didn't get a notification that something was posted in the discussion section.

> Can you change where an Atom is looking? I've been into Gaze and made sure their target is the Player, but they keep staring at a random point off to the side.

A character in a scene will look around randomly when the scene is considered idle (the excited mood of all characters is 0) and when nobody is inside their personal space. I suggest you heat things up a bit.

If you're talking about setting the `LookAt Atom` option in MG's Gaze, it's not meant to be changed. Cue takes over the eye position, VaM's lookat setting and Gaze, and there's not much you can do about it. If you enable dev mode and go into the atom's tab, then AI, then Gaze, there's a list at the bottom where you can force looking at the camera, but that's really just for debugging.

> Are you able to adjust the Female Thrust motion so that it's more up/down rather than in/out?

The thrust direction changes depending on whether the animation is frottage or penetration. I suspect you're getting the frottage animation, which is a back and forth motion, instead of penetration. Make sure you move the body parts so that there is a clear penetration _before_ starting the the thrust animation.

I still think it would be good to have an option where the MG gaze can be switched to player from a much longer distance.

via5 updated Cue with a new update entry:

• Excitement would still be going up after hand is deactivated if it was the right hand on male genitals.
  • Tentative fix for the VR menu not being functional on some controllers.
  • Male characters would not have their excitement go up if the thrust was activated on the female during penetration.
  • Added a global excitement speed in the options.
  • Desktop: moved the hud to the right side of the window, it will now be hidden when the UI is hidden.
  • Desktop: stopped changing...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Using this in VR with UIAssist can be wonky. Any chance you could add an option to only allow the UI to appear on one hand?

Very good! Is there a way to have Cue treat an empty atom as a person atom so that it looks at it? I'd like to be able to record scenes with Eosin's plugin, ty!

Very cool : )

I'm more a manual animation guy, but I'll give you some feedback on one thing that I found odd on higher intensities : it might be a bit more realistic to generate animations that are a bit "slower" but with a bit higher amplitude. At some point at high intensity it felt more like a big invisible hand was shaking the girl than her moving :p

As soon as you go in "light speed" motions in VaM, it starts to feel a bit more unrealistic :)

On another note : I've seen people asking for VAMMoan. I've fixed the Life dependency, and I'm currently implementing a new voice and new sfxs. If you're considering making it compatible, feel free to contact me if you have any needs or features you'd need to control it.

PS : Impressive custom UI !

Very good! Is there a way to have Cue treat an empty atom as a person atom so that it looks at it? I'd like to be able to record scenes with Eosin's plugin, ty!

Not at the moment. I could check for empty atoms with specific names, like "cue.eyetarget#1" or something, but it would need to be configurable (who can look at it, when, at what frequency, etc.) I'll add it on the list, but it's low priority for now.

Very cool : )

Thanks!

> it might be a bit more realistic to generate animations that are a bit "slower" but with a bit higher amplitude

I can slow it down, but it becomes a matter of taste. I guess I could make it configurable. I'll see what I can do.

> I've fixed the Life dependency, and I'm currently implementing a new voice and new sfxs. If you're considering making it compatible, feel free to contact me

That's really nice. It's definitely the most asked for feature. I had a look at it yesterday, and I understand why. I'll work on the integration in the next few days, I'll let you know if I need anything.

> PS : Impressive custom UI !

That's VUI, should be somewhat easy to integrate. Just dump project/src/VUI in your project, you can look at examples in project/src/Examples.

Hello -

I dont see the plugin preset via5-cue-support in the var
  1. On each person in the scene, load the plugin preset via5-cue-support from via5.Cue.1.

Did something change or am I blind?

Thanks!

You're loading a Plugin Preset right? Not a Plugin.
1640727336628.png

Hi, following up with a workaround I found. Using the Headlightlink plugin by ky1001 on an empty atom set to center eye and then possessing does the trick for recording, cheers!

via5 updated Cue with a new update entry:

Features:
  • Now uses VAMMoan from hazmhox instead of MacGruber's Life for breathing and voices. Life is still required for gazing. The plugin preset includes VAMMoan, but it can be added manually to atoms for existing scenes. Cue will automatically disable Life's Breathing and DriverBreathing scripts so they don't interfere with VAMMoan.
  • New menu options in the options, Menu tab:
    • The VR menu can be disabled on the left or right hand
    • Added a delay before showing the VR...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thank you and the involved creators for this outstanding plugin. How often I wasted tons of hours to create complicated scenes to get the things this plugin realises with a view clicks.

The "kissing" sound may be bugged. If you kiss each other from the breathing sound-state there is no kissing sound but the animation. You get the kissing sound after the persons are in higher arousal sound states. Is that intented that way?
Are there any plans to allow the users to edit the used expression morphs without text-coding the script?

Last edited:
The "kissing" sound may be bugged. If you kiss each other from the breathing sound-state there is no kissing sound but the animation. You get the kissing sound after the persons are in higher arousal sound states. Is that intented that way?

No, there shouldn't be any kissing sound at all. Clockwise Silver's kiss plugin doesn't have any and I'm not using VAMMoan's kissing or BJ audio yet. All Cue does is move between breathing and intensity 0-4 in VAMMoan depending on arousal.

I'll see if I can reproduce this.

Are there any plans to allow the users to edit the used expression morphs without text-coding the script?

Not right now, it'd be a lot of work just for the UI. Note that you can extract any of the files from the `res` folder from the var file into the plugin data folder (something like `c:/vam/Custom/PluginData/Cue/personalities/standard.json`) or create new ones in there. Cue should pick them up.

No, there shouldn't be any kissing sound at all. Clockwise Silver's kiss plugin doesn't have any and I'm not using VAMMoan's kissing or BJ audio yet.

The BJ audio is not from VAMmoan? Not sure if the girls with CUE got me crazy but I thought I could hear the kissing audio. :D
I'm considering making a video of my setup (finetuned with additional plugins and poses for possessing one of the persons completely) with CUE in action. Hell thats real "computersex".... :D

The BJ audio is not from VAMmoan?

The BJ and HJ animations are using ClockwiseSilver's plugins, which have some basic audio. The kissing animation also uses a ClockwiseSilver plugin, but it has no builtin audio. The breathing, moans and orgasm audio is from VAMMoan. The thrust animations are from Cue itself and gazing is from MacGruber's Life.

I haven't integrated VAMMoan's BJ and kissing audio yet because I don't personally like these kinds of sound effects. They might be available in a future version.

Hello! I have tried (very little) this plugin with poor results and now i'm going to give it a second chance... i just have one simple question:

Is this plugin useful in scenes with a single female person atom, toys and VR hands?

Is this plugin useful in scenes with a single female person atom

The main problem is that characters will never look at the camera. I assumed that if nothing was possessed, users would want to create animations between characters in a scene and that having someone look at the camera would be awkward. I didn't expect someone to use just the VR hands. I'll add an option for this in a future version.

In general, you'll get a better experience if you add another person atom and possess it, instead of just using the VR hands.

Freestanding toys like the dildo are currently ignored for penetration, although Cue recognizes them. Any penetration that happens while the thrust animation isn't running won't affect arousal, except for a penetration by a possessed atom. This is a late change I made because the genitals triggers can easily activate by touching random things. I had characters orgasm just by sitting on a chair.

A future version might have a whitelist of objects that can increase arousal, like the toys category. I might also add an option to just ignore all that and increase arousal whenever something is activating the triggers, regardless of what it is.

VR hands?

Cue handles the VR hands the same way it handles the hands of a possessed atom, so characters should still react correctly to touch. It's not something I use much, but it worked fine the last time I checked.

I get an error telling me I'm missing the VAMMoan plugin, but I definitely do have it installed.

I get an error telling me I'm missing the VAMMoan plugin, but I definitely do have it installed.

It needs to be added on all person atoms in the scene, not just installed, and it has to be at least version 11. You can reload the plugin preset (it has VAMMoan now) or just add it manually.

Can you consider the possibility to add a full options menu to the plugin main interface so that when we are in VR we can choose if we want to use that on-the-fly nice single-hand design or the old (antique?) method ... in the end, both choices they don't add anything to the visible scene environment, but that old style menu alternative really, I still would appreciate a lot.

I don't mind adding the VR menu to the script UI, I just never thought someone would want that. Can you clarify how you would use it? Would you want something like pinning the VR menu somewhere in the scene instead?

Back
Top Bottom