Cue
It needs to be added on all person atoms in the scene, not just installed, and it has to be at least version 11. You can reload the plugin preset (it has VAMMoan now) or just add it manually.

Oops, okay thanks!

I don't mind adding the VR menu to the script UI, I just never thought someone would want that. Can you clarify how you would use it? Would you want something like pinning the VR menu somewhere in the scene instead?
Thanks for your kind answer. I play with reverbG2, I love my headset for the excellent detail and related performance, but it is a (great) PITA for controllers ... no fingers tracking and some banal neglected little problems with vam (for instance: in edit mode targets are not visible unless we keep persistent pressure on menu selection button). Reverb controllers are technically ok when playing in WMR home... but for the rest... :-( it's what it is.
That's why I was asking.
ps: one of the most amazing experience when loading your Cue is the great feeling of natural sex intercourse. You merit sincere gratitude. My apologies for bothering and accept my best wishes from Italy 🙃

I play with reverbG2, I love my headset for the excellent detail and related performance, but it is a (great) PITA for controllers [...] My apologies for bothering

Non preoccuparti, I'm here to help, but I'm still not clear as to what problems the VR menu is causing. Is it not working properly? I'd much rather fix the VR menu so that you can use it than add it to the script UI. Looking at the G2 controller, it looks like it has buttons and a trigger, which should allow you to use the VR menu properly. Can you explain what specific problems you're having?

The main problem is that characters will never look at the camera. I assumed that if nothing was possessed, users would want to create animations between characters in a scene and that having someone look at the camera would be awkward. I didn't expect someone to use just the VR hands. I'll add an option for this in a future version.

In general, you'll get a better experience if you add another person atom and possess it, instead of just using the VR hands.

Freestanding toys like the dildo are currently ignored for penetration, although Cue recognizes them. Any penetration that happens while the thrust animation isn't running won't affect arousal, except for a penetration by a possessed atom. This is a late change I made because the genitals triggers can easily activate by touching random things. I had characters orgasm just by sitting on a chair.

A future version might have a whitelist of objects that can increase arousal, like the toys category. I might also add an option to just ignore all that and increase arousal whenever something is activating the triggers, regardless of what it is.

Cue handles the VR hands the same way it handles the hands of a possessed atom, so characters should still react correctly to touch. It's not something I use much, but it worked fine the last time I checked.

So... i think that for me is better to wait for future updates...

I don't use possesed person atoms because they "limit" the playing freedom... and... drain hw resources. Aside that... i feel more confortable to use my fantasy to imagine my body instead of seeing a body that is not mine... :)

Everybody is talking good about this plugin... i hope that at some point i can check this for myself.
Especially since this plugin uses VAMMoan ... which is one of my favorite plugins! :)

Non preoccuparti, I'm here to help, but I'm still not clear as to what problems the VR menu is causing. Is it not working properly? I'd much rather fix the VR menu so that you can use it than add it to the script UI. Looking at the G2 controller, it looks like it has buttons and a trigger, which should allow you to use the VR menu properly. Can you explain what specific problems you're having?
To be honest it is a no-problem ... my fault was in misunderstanding the mechanic of your plug-in. I was short testing it in desktop-mode and I had the impression, once playing a scene in VR, that some options in the handy-menu were not available or blocked ...so, my mistake was to think I was getting less possibility to select options (hands, mouth etc.) in VR than with desktop-mode tag list. Today I was trying again VR and the fact that I should read better the operative rules when I test something ... was explaining better than anything why I was posing my (stupid) question.
This is "just" about the most important fact: your plugin works a lot more "automatically" than what I was thinking and the more I use it the more I like it.

The banal problem, on the other topic, with the reverb controller

(I use just one also because those bluetooth reverb things they eat batteries power tremendously: double 2800Mh AA-NiMh for each one, they last 2... max 3 hours!)
it is :

the pivot stick of reverb controller is too short and I can't move it (with my thumb if the button for targets selection MUST always be pressed to aim or to interact in edit or in normal mode.
But please, as there is no other reverb solution with vam, besides using two hands for the handy Cue menu, :) but perhaps ... maybe to use the <T> key of my keyboard ...wearing the headset when I am 2 meters far from my desk... please forget my talk and don't waste your time with my stories :)

and finally yes I was trying keybindings custom with those nightmare steamVR protocols when I was buying reverbG2... no way, reverb is not in those steam-guys fucking attention list!

sorry for my english and... of course it's beautiful from time to time to read italian words ... grazie amico ! ❤🇮🇹🖖

Last edited:
the pivot stick of reverb controller is too short and I can't move it (with my thumb if the button for targets selection MUST always be pressed to aim or to interact in edit or in normal mode.

Just to clarify, the VR menu can be kept open by pressing the trigger halfway while it's visible. Put your thumb on A, B, X or Y to show the menu. While the menu is visible, press the trigger halfway with your index and keep it there. You can then move your thumb to the joystick and the menu will stay open.

So, touch button with thumb to open menu, press trigger halfway to pin it open, then use thumb on joystick.

[Edit: Note that I've had reports before of problems with the trigger button not being detected properly by Cue. I did changes in a previous version to fix it, but it's possible that your controller is doing weird things. Tell me if you still can't get it to work, we can hop on discord and figure it out.]

Last edited:
Just to clarify, the VR menu can be kept open by pressing the trigger halfway while it's visible. Put your thumb on A, B, X or Y to show the menu. While the menu is visible, press the trigger halfway with your index and keep it there. You can then move your thumb to the joystick and the menu will stay open.

So, touch button with thumb to open menu, press trigger halfway to pin it open, then use thumb on joystick.

[Edit: Note that I've had reports before of problems with the trigger button not being detected properly by Cue. I did changes in a previous version to fix it, but it's possible that your controller is doing weird things. Tell me if you still can't get it to work, we can hop on discord and figure it out.]
🙃 :sneaky:(y)

Hi via5. I love Cue! It was great before, but now with VAMMoan it is almost perfect for me. I would love to see the following:
  1. Mouth to female genitalia with SilverKiss - that plugin works great for this, especially with some up-down and forward-back movement.

2. Mouth to nipple with SilverKiss - also works well for this, and sometimes linking the nipple to the mouth has a good effect.

3. Ability to target anything/more options for hand and mouth. It would be nice to have something like a checklist for each person to decide what they are allowed to kiss/touch/look at. Whatever you're doing for hand to female genitalia seems like it could easily be used to rub various other body parts. Also included in this would be toggling kissing between certain people instead of globally.

4. Ability to configure distances for target finding. I feel the kissing distance is way too short, and SilverKiss handles longer distances pretty well. Keeping the default as it is for stability while adding the option, even if it's behind some kind of "advanced" filter, would be great.

5. If possible, random hand movements on bodies. I already enjoy the subtle movements that hands make, I'm not sure which part of Cue does it. But it would be neat if hand movements could be broader, and track bodies. Perhaps when a hand is linked to a person's body, the plugin could determine adjacent link points on the body and move the hand along the body, switching between link points as it goes.
Thanks for the amazing plugin!

Mouth to female genitalia [...] Mouth to nipple

Handling breasts/female genitals for the Mouth option is pretty high on the todo list, if only to link the head to the target without a specific animation and let your imagination do the rest.

Whatever you're doing for hand to female genitalia seems like it could easily be used to rub various other body parts

The hand animation is just some torque that's applied. A more general rubbing animation is difficult because the hand would need to follow the surface of the body regardless of its orientation. If I just move the hand left and right, the hand can move away from the body if its angle is just a little bit off. These sorts of procedural animations are difficult to do, but I agree they'd be nice to have.

Ability to configure distances for target finding

The kissing start distance is technically configurable, it's in res/personalities/_base.json, lines 234-237. You can extract the file from the var into Custom/PluginData/Cue/personalities/_base.json and change it. The distance for the Hand event is hardcoded (but you can always extract the whole var and change AI/Events/Hand.cs).

The distances are difficult to get right. I increased the hand distance in 1.1 and it can be a bit annoying. The real fix, I think, would be a better UI so users can pick targets manually on each hand, instead of trying to figure it out automatically. This is also high on my todo list, but it'll need quite a few changes to the UI to make it work.

I already enjoy the subtle movements that hands make, I'm not sure which part of Cue does it. But it would be neat if hand movements could be broader, and track bodies

It's part of the "idle" animation that's always active on all atoms, in `res/animations/standIdle.json`.

The problem with broader movements is that they don't always look good in all situations. I'm often annoyed at how hands keep moving around when I want them to stay still on a table or an arm rest or something. Cue won't animate a body part if it's linked to another, but I can't link hands to a table. In fact, I can't even figure out if what the hand is touching is a table at all. On the other hand (pun intended), large movements would be nice if the character is just standing around not doing anything and has room around it to move.

In general, it's really difficult to figure out how a character should move in VAM because there's no high level information, it's a sandbox. If I add larger idle hand movements and the hand is close to a wall, it'll start shaking because it can't reach the control point. I'd need collision detection to figure this out. All of this would require a fundamental understanding of what a character is supposed to be doing based on how the user positions the various body parts, and that's really hard.

So I agree with all your suggestions, but I'm not sure how feasible they are in the short term. I appreciate the time you took to write your suggestions though, and thank you for the kind words.

I just started testing your plugin yesterday and holy damn, this can be so good and save so much time 🤯
Looking forward to see new versions coming and testing in more detail and in VR.

I was wondering if it's in the plans to have a way to trigger an action, Thrust for example, using VaM's triggers, like in a button or Timeline? I only see 1 option for Cue and that's only to activate.
The goal is to not have to rely on the Cue menu to select that option and combine with other non-Cue actions. For example a button disables Thrust (Cue) and plays a Timeline animation.

Again, amazing work you made here 🙇‍♂️

One more thing, I was also wondering about the via-cue-support, I couldn't find it. Then on this discussion I saw it's a plugin preset, was looking in the wrong place.
It's in bold and everything, I know, but still so easy to miss as it's such a uncommon task. Just saying after the sentence "A plugin preset, not a plugin!", could prevent more people missing it.
By the way, worth mentioning to do a merge load on the preset to prevent losing what was there before. Easy to forget that and suddenly there goes that precious Timeline and others.

I was wondering if it's in the plans to have a way to trigger an action, Thrust for example, using VaM's triggers, like in a button or Timeline? I only see 1 option for Cue and that's only to activate. The goal is to not have to rely on the Cue menu to select that option and combine with other non-Cue actions. For example a button disables Thrust (Cue) and plays a Timeline animation.

You can add custom buttons to the menu from the script options, in the Menu tab, and run Timeline animations from there. But you can't activate Thrust and have it run a custom animation instead, nor can you interact with Cue from another plugin like Timeline. Both are on my todo list.

One more thing, I was also wondering about the via-cue-support, I couldn't find it. Then on this discussion I saw it's a plugin preset, was looking in the wrong place.

I've updated the instructions with more bold and more capital letters, and I've added a note about merging. Thanks for the suggestion.

You can add custom buttons to the menu from the script options, in the Menu tab, and run Timeline animations from there. But you can't activate Thrust and have it run a custom animation instead, nor can you interact with Cue from another plugin like Timeline. Both are on my todo list.

I've updated the instructions with more bold and more capital letters, and I've added a note about merging. Thanks for the suggestion.
It's great to know it's on a to-do list, having a way to trigger Cue actions without using the controller menu will be amazing.
Thanks for the addition to the overview, I think now it's very clear 👍

One more question, if you don't mind, about MacGruber's Gaze used in Cue. Is there a way to disable it for a person atom? Even when the preset loads Life's plugins, it's not possible to disable Gaze on that list, the checkmark remains on.
The reason I ask is because I use Embody's Passenger mode a lot, and would like to disable Gaze for the Male to avoid having the head move too much.

Last edited:
It's great to know it's on a to-do list

You'd be a lot more disappointed if you saw the size of my todo list.

One more question, if you don't mind, about MacGruber's Gaze used in Cue. Is there a way to disable it for a person atom? Even when the preset loads Life's plugins, it's not possible to disable Gaze on that list, the checkmark remains on.
The reason I ask is because I use Embody's Passenger mode a lot, and would like to disable Gaze for the Male to avoid having the head move too much.

I thought I had disabled gazing for possessed atoms, I'll have to check again. You should be able to remove the Life plugin entirely for any atom and Cue shouldn't complain too much. You can also enable dev mode, go into the AI/Gaze tab for the atom and set the box at the bottom to "Freeze". It should disable Gaze, but it's not saved and will reset on reload.

Last edited:
You'd be a lot more disappointed if you saw the size of my todo list.
I'll keep my hopes up on each version update :)

I thought I had disabled gazing for possessed atoms, I'll have to check again. You should be able to remove the Life plugin entirely for any atom and Cue shouldn't complain too much. You can also enable dev mode, go into the AI/Gaze tab for the atom and set the box at the bottom to "Freeze". It should disable Gaze, but it's not saved and will reset on reload.
Thanks, I'll try that out. I didn't spend much time using the plugin in VR so I need to test more and see if I'm not saying wrong things.

just one fresh last impression: was loading one e-motion plugin preset on a female person, than a second (e-motion preset), then a third and ... they were all perfect compatible with Cue. I did not before because I was sure it could give conflict BUT ...it was all ok. Fantastic!!!! ... and couple pose transition is always perfect when I play with pose-manager. (super!!!!)

hi there,
ii have a little issue, when saving CUE in scene and then load the scene, it's seems that the audio clips from all the BJ,HJ pluging didn't load properly, have to reload both plugins every time
really not a big deal just want point that !

So... i think that for me is better to wait for future updates...

I don't use possesed person atoms because they "limit" the playing freedom... and... drain hw resources. Aside that... i feel more confortable to use my fantasy to imagine my body instead of seeing a body that is not mine... :)

Everybody is talking good about this plugin... i hope that at some point i can check this for myself.
Especially since this plugin uses VAMMoan ... which is one of my favorite plugins! :)
I would like to second the request for the option to have people look at the camera, in VR and in desktop mode.

Also, I would like to be able to choose which things can contribute to arousal, and ability to interact with Cue using triggers.

Thanks again for the amazing plugin!

This is truly a great plugin! It makes making a scene almost anywhere without tinkering but ¿is there any way to limit the thrust or the force of the thrust? Sometimes the model just pushes the dick out or the dick leaves the model especially when there is no support to the actor (Standing, Carrying) Otherwise on beds or furniture when one of the models is static it works perfectly​

Hello Via5! I really enjoy the simplicity of your mod, and I'm totally into it so far.

I've had some kind of change in my game, Idk what it was, but everything, except the strapon in the desktop UI seems to have stopped having a function.

I was hoping maybe I could get a small tutorial on how to install, just in case I did something wrong?

That would be super helpful, thank you! :)

upppp..date of the update: it's definitive, i became cue addict.

ps: I'm not kidding.

Hello Via5! I really enjoy the simplicity of your mod, and I'm totally [....] just in case I did something wrong?

That would be super helpful, thank you! :)
cassius: were you looking at that read-me text included with the plug-in files??? Using this plug-in it can happen that you need to click a <reload> to reset all parameters (in vam edit mode > you need to open the person plugins list and to click reload "main" cue preset tag)...

I read that you intend to work more in studying sinergy or more variations on the actual couple actions: this eventuality is adding even more interest in what we can expect from this so straight and magic "plus" you were adding to our vam play-sessions. So please carry on and thank you for your attention.

Last edited:
Something that I never payed attention to but is amazing to see with this plugin, the change of skin color and gloss. Makes scenes even more immersive, what a great idea. 💯

(should have said since a lot) adding bored personality was a "coup [hit] of genius" extremely useful for dummy users like me... in fact expressions morphs/character-behaviour with some appearance presets (face-mouth-lips) can have crazy consequence on face-mouth-lips physics when jaw-tongue go on paroxistic dynamic because of voice plugins (vam-moan or lip-sync) ... in the end the most fast and easy solution is that option <bored personality> with its lot more wide compatibility with each appearance parameter of our personal (female/male) looks. It's great!!

Back
Top Bottom